New York-New York City
Options

January 2014 Ceremony & Reception Site 30 Guests

Hi all,

I'm looking for a venue to host my ceremony and reception for our elopement! 25-30 people total.

We have a set date in mind, a Saturday evening in January. Ideally ceremony starts 6-6:30 and then dinner and cake, and dancing from 6:30-9pm. Cocktail hour from 5-6pm a plus but not required.

I'd like to keep the budget low so a space that doesn't need much decoration is great. We are having a Jewish ceremony so we will build a chuppah and have some large floral arrangements next to that.

I was thinking of a space like Galapagos Art Center...the stage is perfect for the ceremony and then the little floating islands of tables will work as seats for our guests during the ceremony and for the dinner....I'm waiting to hear back from them about their availability of dates for the 2014 year but that is the kind of space we'd want I think...they provide basically everything, we bring in food, a DJ (or an iPod) and some flowers & candles and it will be a wedding.

While I wait to hear back about that....any other ideas/leads of spaces? I thought about maybe renting a penthouse suite at a hotel that was large enough to have the ceremony in one room and the reception in another. Or maybe The Park restaurant? But I don't know anything about the food there and while the aesthetics of the space are great, I want everyone to enjoy their food too!

Help! I feel as though I don't have much time to plan and the size of the wedding makes a lot of venues out of the question.

Re: January 2014 Ceremony & Reception Site 30 Guests

• Options
    Did you try the Water Club? They cater to Jewish weddings and smaller guest counts.  Let me know if you need help - do photography & can be your coordinator.  Best,  lliseramos@gmail.com
  • Options
    I'm having a same size wedding actually and figured the best bet is to go with a private dining room in a very elegant restaurant. The 21 Club has several beautiful ones and you can get a very large room to host both reception and dinner (they have ipod ability too). it's $150 per person for dinner, desert, open bar reception and wine with diner. Super easy.
  • Options
    Try Hotel Giraffe, they have a rooftop space perfect for 30-40 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards