California-San Diego

HELP!! Looking for a venue by the water for 50-60 guests for CHEAP!!!!

Hi Ladies!!!

I am looking for a ceremony and reception venue (preferably together at the same place, but will do 2 separate locations) by the water HOPEFULLY outside for about 50-60 guests, for cheap!!! I live in San Clemente so I am not very familiar with San Diego, so any help would be great!! 

Re: HELP!! Looking for a venue by the water for 50-60 guests for CHEAP!!!!

• What do you consider "cheap" or what is your budget? Try looking at some restaurants on the water like Tom Ham's Lighthouse, Bali Hai, Peohe's, etc. Not sure what their minimums are or what they would charge, but I know all of those places do ceremonies and receptions on site. You could also try the City of San Diego Shoreline Parks - you just need to obtain a permit from them which is $275, and then you could head to a restaurant or separate venue for the reception. We are doing our ceremony at Sunset Cliffs and reception at Marina Village. Check them out too - they do ceremonies and receptions and the price is great. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thank you so much!!! our budget for the venue is 1200 or less...less is better!!! hahahaa
  • Is that your budget for the rental only?  are you looking to be able to bring in your own catering?  I just went to Tom Hams and Bali Hai, their minimums are 6-8K depending on the day and room. They are owned by the same family. There you can not bring your own catering. We looked at the Mission Beach Womans club a couple months ago, charming place would be perfect for your size.  its around $1200 to rent, comes with tables and chairs and you provide the rest.  Another place to consider is Old Poway Park.  My Step Brother just got married there and there is a gazebo and halls to rent and its per hour.  their pricing is online i believe. There is also the Fallbrook community center or Lakeside community center. (those can be found on the city's park page) . HTH.
  • We're having our small wedding and reception at this place in imperial beach. http://mobile.vrbo.com/456049#_propertyDetails_0
  • edited June 2013
  • thank you ladies for your replies!!! I have looked at some of the places on line already!!! $1200 would be for everything besides food, we are looking to bring in our own food =)
  • I would try Dream Beach Wedding & San Diego Beach Wedding.
    They are fair and honest people to work with.
    http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dream-beach-wedding-san-diego-beach-wedding-san-diego/1fbde9e4a98a1209.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards