North Dakota
Options

Wedding receptions in Bismarck

I want to return to North Dakota and have my wedding in the Bismarck/Mandan area, but am struggling to find venues!  Any suggestions?

I know about Apple Creek and Hawktree Country Clubs, Buckstop Junction, ND Heritage Center (gorgeous outdoors, but too small!), and the Eagles.  Does everyone else have their receptions in hotels?

Re: Wedding receptions in Bismarck

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at the Radisson Hotel. It is a great place and I also chose to have the hotel because it is great for out of town guests.  It is a pretty popular place too because the summer 2011 months were  getting booked over a year in advance.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Many couples use hotels for their wedding receptions. In Bismarck/Mandn we have: The Radisson, Ramkota Hotel, Doublewood, Kelly Inn, Seven Seas. For Clubs, there is the Elks Club (nice), Bismarck Eagles, Mandan Eagles, AmVets. The old Yegan Dairy Barn is also being offered for weddings if you like the country aire. Municipal Country Club is another. And depending on where you want the ceremony, some churches have large reception rooms available. Ex. Century Baptist and Trinity Lutheran. On a budget? The Extension Service/4H building also is available for weddings. Hope this gives you some more ideas.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the Raddison too.  I am from Minneapolis and all my family will be coming and need to stay in a hotel. So that made it a little more easy.  There is also the Elks, Moose and the Eagles, I'm not sure if you have to be a member there or not.  But, an open hall like that will be cheaper up front, but you will have to put in a lot of time and $$ to decorate.
  • Options
    JustineOliviaJustineOlivia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is having her reception at the Doublewood Inn in June; My fiance and I are at the Mandan Eagles in August since it's by our church.

• Options
    "The Barn" in lincoln - depending on the time of year. It's actually just next to somebody's house, but it's a beautiful reception spot. I'm not sure on how much he charges as I have yet to book it but I have his contact information and even a beautiful picture of the space decorated for a reception. If you want his name and number let me know!
  • Options
    Just looked at "the barn" in Lincoln today - they charge $2500 for the weekend. Right now the Heritage Center is not an option because of their construction. I, too, am finding limited places that aren't hotels or VFW-type clubs!
  • Options
    MY DAUGHTER IS LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO HAVE A COUNTRY WEDDING .In North Dakota. She lives in Bismarck so the place in Lincoln sounds great > can you give me any information on this.Thank You Connie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards