Plus-Sized

Busty wedding day Bra shopping

So i'm getting married in year and i'm like 99% sure i'm going with a strapless dress. I won't get a dress unless it has a corset. I'm a very busty girl, I'm a DDD or F in some stores. For someone with the bust I have I feel the need to wear a bra on my wedding day and they don't really make strapless bras for a chest my size. I wanna know if anyone had a special made bra or i'm very open to the idea of wearing a corset style bra under my dress So i have the added boning for support. Anyone have any of these issues or ideas?

Re: Busty wedding day Bra shopping

• www.lindathebralady.com

I am an H cup, and I got a strapless longline bra from them.  They do exist, and it made a HUGE difference in my dress, holding my breasts up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_busty-wedding-day-bra-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:51adeb64-deae-4029-a795-9944544cf99fPost:070d7471-66e5-4a05-baec-6001b736f294">Re: Busty wedding day Bra shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.lindathebralady.com" rel="nofollow">www.lindathebralady.com</a> I am an H cup, and I got a strapless longline bra from them.  They do exist, and it made a HUGE difference in my dress, holding my breasts up.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I definatly think that a long line will work perfect! I get so worried because i've never had a strapless bra thats felt supportive. So I deff think the long line will be perfect! I saved the link and the bras are deff affordable!

I also have a cousin that works at a store in annapolis Maryland and they are like certified bra fitting place it's their speciality. And they carry all sizes AA-J and band sizes 28-46. Incase your in the market for new bras I know being busty it's hard to find shops that even carry our sizes! <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.alamodeintimates.com/" target="_blank">www.alamodeintimates.com</a> The shocking part is the bras are around $50 a peice so thats really not bad for shopping when your busty like us!
  • I'm a C-cup and was way more comfortable wearing my normal bra...but that's why I chose a dress I could wear my normal bra with.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_busty-wedding-day-bra-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:51adeb64-deae-4029-a795-9944544cf99fPost:537c2391-1f12-4cf1-bf9b-6dc2497ca916">Re: Busty wedding day Bra shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a C-cup and was way more comfortable wearing my normal bra...but that's why I chose a dress I could wear my normal bra with.
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I tried looking for the style I wanted in a halter, so I could at least wear a halter bra, but none of the styles (with some bling and in a lighter fabric) came with straps.

I was SO glad I found a nice supportive strapless bra.  But, it wasn't without difficulty.
  • lane bryant carries strapless bras sizes B-H
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_busty-wedding-day-bra-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:51adeb64-deae-4029-a795-9944544cf99fPost:743fd87a-edaa-468b-9ec3-7c4c7737ed7b">Busty wedding day Bra shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]So i'm getting married in year and i'm like 99% sure i'm going with a strapless dress. I won't get a dress unless it has a corset. I'm a very busty girl, I'm a DDD or F in some stores. For someone with the bust I have I feel the need to wear a bra on my wedding day and they don't really make strapless bras for a chest my size. I wanna know if anyone had a special made bra or i'm very open to the idea of wearing a corset style bra under my dress So i have the added boning for support. Anyone have any of these issues or ideas?
    Posted by vjarman[/QUOTE]
    i wish i would've found that website. i bought mine at Lane Bryant. I bought a 36F and it gave a lot of support, i didn't have to wear the halter strap. i should've because i'm not used to wearing strapless and i felt naked in the beginning but i did ok in the evening.
  • I found an amazing regular style strapless bra at Nordstrom and I'm a G cup. It held up wonderfully the whole day long and even after hours of dancing (and sweating while dancing). I never felt the need to pull it up. I'll admit, it wasn't cheap, but considering the size of girls they needed to support, worth every penny.

Also, when going dress shopping don't rule out dress just because it has a zipper and not a corset back. Many dresses can be converted. My dress was originally a zipper and had it converted to a corset and you couldn't tell that's not how it was originally made. It wasn't cheap, but again, gave me the back that I wanted.
  • I don't know if you found one yet, but Freya and Panache are two brands that make strapless bras in an F cup! I'm still frustrated trying to find one that's the right shape for my boobs, but I am determined!
  • Linda's bra shop is wonderful. If you are in the NY area, you should definitely stop in. I find bra shopping to be very difficult because every company is cut differently, everyones breasts are different in shape. Before you purchase a bra online, please keep in mind that a bra should be tried on before its purchased. This eliminates pesky returns and also ensures that the bra will hold up on your wedding day. 

I am pretty sure that there are specialty bra salons in most states. Try doing a search to see if there is one close by and purchase a bra there. 

Good luck! 
  • I had my alterations lady sew my bra into my dress and I felt so secure and my dress never slipped. It was great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I wear a DDD but my seamstress said not to bother with a bra or sewn in cups so I'm not : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards