Florida-North Florida

Looking for rustic barn venue in NW Florida!

Hi all. I'm brand new to The Knot. I just got engaged on Christmas Day!!! *big grin* We've been together almost 6 years and I'm so so SO excited! We are planning for an October/Fall themed wedding in 2014 and I would love to find someone with an old, rustic barn that is reasonably priced to use for both the wedding & reception site. (Wedding outside the barn, reception inside the barn.) We live in the FL Panhandle near Destin. (Nope, I'm not doing a beach wedding! lol) Any tips on local farms/people who might be willing to rent out their barn for an evening would be greatly appreciated! Smile
10-12-14... My Happily Ever After :)

Re: Looking for rustic barn venue in NW Florida!

• Good luck with your search. Im sorry I am no help as I am in NE Florida. The board here is really dead, so you will unfortunately not be able to find out too much information about local venues / vendors. Sad beause this board used to be really hoppin'!
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a bummer! Thanks for the heads up though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_looking-for-rustic-barn-venue-in-nw-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:fed53709-fcc3-4cab-aa2f-c77be8d6840dPost:9ee5d391-2b55-4d37-a732-1106cd392363">Looking for rustic barn venue in NW Florida!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all. I'm brand new to The Knot. I just got engaged on Christmas Day!!! *big grin* We've been together almost 6 years and I'm so so SO excited! We are planning for an October/Fall themed wedding in 2014 and I would love to find someone with an old, rustic barn that is reasonably priced to use for both the wedding & reception site. (Wedding outside the barn, reception inside the barn.) We live in the FL Panhandle near Destin. (Nope, I'm not doing a beach wedding! lol) Any tips on local farms/people who might be willing to rent out their barn for an evening would be greatly appreciated!
    Posted by jennfair85[/QUOTE]

I also got engaged on Christmas! Yay us! I am in Pensacola. Also NOT doing a beach wedding. Looking for more of a modern sophisticated type venue. I have heard their is a beautiful Barn used for weddings in Foley, Alabama on the other side of Pensacola from you. I will see if I can find out more if you are interested.We are doing a December wedding next year. I am shooting for 12/13/13.
  • My wedding planner actually found me a barn in Ormond Beach! It is perfect for my country chic wedding. I don't know what it is called because it is brand new but I am going to look at it on Friday! I can post pictures afterwards! 
  • There is a barn that is rented out for parties and events in Navarre, FL off of Hwy 399...wish I could give you more information, we were looking for this but went in a different direction for our November wedding. Beware it does not have a/c!
  • Thanks all for the replies! Sorry it took me a bit to get back here. Just started my 2nd semester of RN school and life is a little crazy right now!

I'll have to check into the place in Foley. Navarre sounds like it would be great if they had a/c. I'm actually leaning towards another venue now that's an old pioneer settlement if I can't find the perfect barn. :)
  • Hi I live in Navarre and have failed to find any rustic barn venues I'm doing a vintage theme. I don't want to travel far but looks like I'm going to have to. I haven't found any in Navarre niceville destin Pensacola Panama city.
  • I own a wedding company here in the panhandle. I love Eden State park for a vintage theme. It has potential for a rustic theme as well. There are also stables I found in Santa Rosa beach.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_looking-for-rustic-barn-venue-in-nw-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:fed53709-fcc3-4cab-aa2f-c77be8d6840dPost:311bbf8d-a7ac-4d9a-b787-a99fb08963a9">Re: Looking for rustic barn venue in NW Florida!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding planner actually found me a barn in Ormond Beach! It is perfect for my country chic wedding. I don't know what it is called because it is brand new but I am going to look at it on Friday! I can post pictures afterwards! 
    Posted by jordan0313[/QUOTE]

Did you like the Barn in Ormond Beach?  Can you please give me the name and website?

thanks so much!

Tina
  • Congratulations everyone! I'm an FWB-Destin knottie, October 2013 bride and an area native. Those of you looking for barns may want to try the northern ends of Okaloosa & Walton Counties. Some of the towns/areas north of Crestview and up towards Laurel Hill are pretty old, so you may be able to find something up there! Good luck and can anyone recommend a good florist in the area?

-AJ
  • I was just told their is a gorgeous Barn reception site in Fairhope Alabama not far from Pensacola. I am trying to find out more, I will let you know! My wedding was bumped up 10 months & I got married last month so if you girls need any help I can tell you about my vendors. msg me
  • Looking for something similar in NE Florida or smoky mountains Tennessee. Found a couple way above my budget. Looking at one in TN, but hubbie to be doesn't want the bonfire to end at 10:30, wants our bestirs to stick around, like a backyard party. In fact we'd have a backyard party if someone would offer up their big back yard (we live Ina condo and don't have a yard). Any ideas?
  • check out sage field farm on face book new barn rustic theme.  In the panhandle between pensacola and tallahassee.  
  • What is the name of the barn in Navarre?
  • Hello all! I just got engaged this past weekend and plan to get married October 2014, I too want a rustic style wedding. Planning on having it in the Pensacola or surrounding area and need help finding a venue. My fiance and his groomsmen are big into the idea of having some small fireworks and a bonfire during the reception, something warm and cozy. Any ideas of a outdoor venue, barn or otherwise that would be suitable for something like that? 
  • If you don't mind me asking, what is the name of the old pioneer settlement? My theme is very similar, I believe, and I'm looking for the same thing!
  • I have the perfect venue for you!!!!! It is on 393 in Santa Rosa Beach.

I originally had my wedding planned at Gulf Place but when Hurricane Karen thought she was going to come our way, I had to change venues.  Arnett's Gulfside Trails and Events is amazing!! They are seriously the sweetest people ever and were a joy to work with. They have lights already hanging in the barn and horses that can be involved as well! It was like having a live photobooth. Everyone said it was seriously so cool. It was! Better than I could have even envisioned.  I worked with Renee at Ceremony Design Company if you are looking for a wedding planner or day-of coordinator. She is amazing. If you need any other information, don't hesitate to ask. https://sites.google.com/site/arnettgulfside/

• need to check out some of the pictures on Facebook about SageField Farm or check out Pinterest under sagefield farm 
  • O.k. just thought i would give you a little more information about SageField Farm.  It is located in Bonifay, Fl.  It is really new.  We have scheduled our wedding there for next year.  They have a phone number listed on Facebook......kind of confusing.  They are relatively prompt about returning calls.......but hopefully your planning ahead.  Lovely couple that owns the place, very accommodating.  You can tell they have done quite a few weddings just in talking with them, a lot of good ideas.  Kind of strict on some things but thats understandable..... nothing unreasonable.  Just found this on pinterest might be of some help http://www.pinterest.com/sagefieldfrm/boards/
  • How do you get in contact with them? I have emailed and called Sage Field Farms but there has been no response. Is there a certain time to call them?
  • Hello -

I am a new to the knot and just got engaged.  I am looking for a vintage or rustic or barn location.  I like others do not want a beach wedding.  Any help with what you have found out regarding locations and costs would be helpful !!!

Cheers !

• Looking for a venue that is not beach themed in Panama City is so hard! And if there are rustic type locations they are at least an hour+ away which makes it even more inconvenient for my guest that are coming all the way from LA, Chicago, NY, Miami! If any one knows of a vintage/rustic type venue in Panama City/Destin please let me know!
  • Here in St. Augustine, there is The Pioneer Barn: http://www.oldfloridamuseum.com/index_files/PioneerBarn.htm . It's a little cheesy just because it's a tourist attraction by day, but I've heard the rates are decent for it being a downtown venue.

My personal favorite is The Florida Agricultural Museum: http://www.myagmuseum.com/weddings.html The location is actually considered to be Palm Coast, but it's right on the county line. My fiance and I seriously considered holding our ceremony and reception there, but didn't want to disappoint his parents but not getting married in the church and didn't want the reception to be so far away from the church in St. Augustine.
  • Lindyloo4 said:
    There is a barn that is rented out for parties and events in Navarre, FL off of Hwy 399...wish I could give you more information, we were looking for this but went in a different direction for our November wedding. Beware it does not have a/c!
    Lindyloo4, What was the name of the barn? I am going to have a rustic country wedding and will be living in the FWB area. Need help finding the perfect venue.
  • Kristal, The Boat House and Lake House at Water Color are amazing.

WaterColor Venues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards