Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Make up - drugstore versus high end

Is there any reason that I should get high end make up for the wedding day? My skin is good (no big pores, minimal acne breakouts) and I usually don't wear foundation. When I do, I wear Physician's Formula - my favorite is their primer which is more like a foundation than a primer. I have a good, high end primer (smashbox) that I do plan on using. Do drugstore brand foundations photograph well?

Also, for blush and eyeshadow - should I skimp and go to the drugstore or is high-end recommended? TIA :)

Re: Make up - drugstore versus high end

• Options
    I'm definitely going more natural - I don't wear much make up as is, and though I do know how to apply it, I just don't want to look too different than I usually do. Which brand of stain did you use? Lipstick never stays on my lips so I was going to try a stain soon.

My reception is actually pretty short - 4 hours with half an hour for the ceremony so it doesn't have to stay on too long. I'll definitely pick up a cream blush and eyeshadow - thanks for those tips!
  • Options
    I'll grab one of the covergirl lipstains and try it out. Thanks again for the tips!
  • Options
    Sounds like Stage has it covered! But I think your approach of using a higher end primer under your makeup is a good one. If you build the base properly, then everything else will sit better. Good luck!
  • Options

I think the skincare and foundation are the most important and should be excellent quality.

But I have bought lipsticks and eyeliners in a drugstore.

• Options
    I always spend more money on foundations, my absolute favorite is a mineral powder by jane iredale, you do not have to wear a liquid foundation underneath because it covers amazing, it gives you a flawless finish, does not sit in wrinkles or lines nor does it look cakey, it also lasts longer than a talc based powder.  I buy things like eyeshadows and lipsticks from drugstore but my powder and blush have to be mineral!
  • Options
    stampadhesivestampadhesive member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    I am allergic to makeup with SPF so I have to be careful about what I buy.  I am getting mine professionally done but because of my allergies, will be bringing all of my own makeup with me.  I plan on Dior foundation, Channel eye shadow (most important thing to be high end in my opinion), Dior mascara, Elizabeth Arden blush and lip products. 
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll keep this all in mind and go shopping :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards