Flowers
Options

Bait and Switch, how to salvage?!

edited June 2013 in Flowers
I went to the first mock up and it was the most boring arrangement I had ever seen! I went to someone high end for creativity and I got this run of the mill arrangement. I feel like the florist took my "easy going" attitude and just tried to pull a fast one and I am really irritated. I told her to get creative on the next mock up but I am really stressing out!

My MIL the most conservative boring person was fuming too!I am trying protect my investment since deposit paid and contract signed- I hope this doesn't turn out to be a disaster. Doing my own flowers is not an option.

Have any of you dealt with  this before and what leverage do you use to get them to cooperate? I don't want to send photos so she feels limited- I pretty much gave a total creativity option to see what she might come up with... then if push comes to shove send photos to mimic.

Re: Bait and Switch, how to salvage?!

• Options
    I think you should send her photos of things you like.  She cannot read your mind.  She can only go by what you say and how you come off.  If you come off easy going then she may think you don't want anything too crazy or out there.  She may be a super creative florist but if you don't give her a bit of direction she is going to have a hard time pleasing you.  Also, remember that she has a budget to stay within as well which is probably limiting her a bit as well.

• Options
    Definitely give her some photos so she has an idea of what you're looking for. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    florists are not mind readers,I always ask for pictures of what the bride likes...I actually insist on it. stop fuming and get in pintrest and send them on to the florist.
  • Options
    Exactly what others said.  YOU know what you want. SHE doesn't know what you want.  Help her out!  =)

You gave her a creative freedom to see what she comes up with in order for you to see if perhaps YOU were missing soemthing awesome.  Now that you know you don't like her creativity, don't be afraid to speak up and let her know exactly what you want for your day.

I had the opposite. I had no idea what i wanted or what flowers to use other than a general color.  I showed photos of the dresses, and 5 minutes later my florist quick put something together that was perfectly what I always never knew i wanted. I loved it and would have never picked it out on my own =P
  • Options
    I agree with the other posters.  if you walked in there, without a vision, then I'm not sure how you could be disappointed.  Most florists design based on you, being they have met you, or based on your ideas you've provided, in pictures!  Instead of demanding she be creative, show her your ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards