Pre-wedding Parties

Showers showers and more showers

I had three bridal showers planned for me, without any say from me at all. No one planning them thought to ask for my guest list and in fact the woman who planned one isn't even invited. So many of the people coming to these aren't invited, but our venue is VERY small and already crammed because my mother in law kept inviting her friends. There is literally not space for even one more person. But I don't know what to do about all these people from the showers! Help!

Re: Showers showers and more showers

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You are aware of the showers.  You know who is hosting each one.  You have been made aware of the guest list(s).  You need to politely inform the hostess(es) that as much as you appreciate their efforts, you must decline any offers that include guests not on the wedding list.
  • Ditto mobkaz. You need to decline the showers. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • mobkaz said:
    You are aware of the showers.  You know who is hosting each one.  You have been made aware of the guest list(s).  You need to politely inform the hostess(es) that as much as you appreciate their efforts, you must decline any offers that include guests not on the wedding list.

Exactly this.  If the host(esses) of your showers will not adhere to shower etiquette, you need to decline the showers, because their lack of etiquette reflects poorly on you.  (In this case, it would be completely fair that it reflects poorly on you, because you are aware of the etiquette lapses- sometimes, in the case of surprise showers, the brides unfairly get blamed for a host's bad manners.) 

You should decline the showers.  You should absolutely, without question, decline a shower hosted by someone who isn't invited to the wedding.  Good luck- I know it can be hard to say no to people in this kind of situation; we had to do it and it sucked.  But you really, really should not go through with this, as, I think you're aware, you will come out looking terrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards