Georgia-Savannah

suggestions needed

After getting engaged at Christmas, I knew I wanted to get married in Georgia (actually live in Kansas City,MO) because all of his family is from South GA. I have been researching on the internet, and would love any suggestions for venues around Savannah, and Tybee Island areas. WE have set the date for June 6, 2014, and will be visiting over 4th of July this year. I would like to check out a few places. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreicated.
Thanks,
Angela

Re: suggestions needed

• I know June is booking very quickly at a number of venues.  Do you have any idea of what you are looking for?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had our wedding outdoors at Whitefield square and it was gorgeous!  Our reception was at Vic's on the River and I can't say enough good things about the staff and the food.  Our guests are STILL talking about it after 2 months!  I also loved our photographer and we used the Hampton Inn at 603 Ogelthorpe for our room block, as well as several guests staying at the Hyatt on Bay Street.  All of those are highly recommended.

We did have a MAJOR problem with our coordinator and I wasn't really happy with some of the people he used for hair/makeup, flowers, etc so if you'd like to know who to stay away from, send me a private message and I'd be happy to give you that list as well. 

Congrats on your engagement and good luck with your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • I have looked into doing the riverboat cruise wedding, and the other idea was to have a beach wedding on Tybee. However, many family members that will be attending are older, and I am trying to determine what other options are available because of the heat.
  • I'm not a big fan of the riverboat weddings.  The boat is a bit smelly and the majority of the view your guests see is industrial.  
    A beach wedding isn't bad in early June.  The humidity isn't terrible yet and there is still a breeze. Plus, your guests will usually only be out there for 20-30 min, if you are running on time.   However, if you want June of next year, you need to book it quickly.  June is crazy with weddings.  Most decent venues are nearly all booked for next year.  I would look into getting a planner if you are doing destination.  Just be sure to do your homework.  There are some terrible planners out there.  
    For other options, I'd look in one of the squares down town.  Whitefield is one of the most popular and books quickly.  Pulaski is another popular square.  The Mulberry in has a great courtyard for weddings and a nice area for receptions.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lafayette Square is a beautiful square to have a ceremony, and we had our reception at the Hilton DeSoto, which is a block away.  Florist- A to Zinnias is the best around!!! Photography- After doing  a lot of research, Jamie Weaver of Dreamweaver Photography was who we chose.  I cannot say enough good things about Jamie; the photos that she takes are ones you will truly cherish forever.  Just remember, for a wedding especially, you get what you pay for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards