Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Lets talk music.

I am now in the process of figuring out what songs need to be played for what. Heres what I have so far. 

CEREMONY
30 minutes of background music for time when doors open to when ceremony starts: 
Bridal Party Entrance: Vitamin String Quartet ACDC Back In Black
Bride Entrance: Vitamin String Quartet ACDC
Signing of the Registry: 
Recessional: 

RECEPTION
Receiving Line: 
First Dance: Then - Brad Paisley
Wedding Party Dance: Smile - Uncle Kracker
Cake Cutting: Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
Father/Daughter & Mother/Groom: 
Last Dance of the Evening: 

What are you using?? Hearing your ideas may help me fill in the banks. Also are you playing music during dinner? If so what are you using? 

*Note this was also posted in my wedding month board* 

Re: Lets talk music.

• Options
    Our music was performed by string trio. 

Bridal Party Entrance: Beatles' Here Comes the Sun
    My Entrance: Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes
    Recessional: Star Wars Throne Room
    Cake Cutting: All I Ask of You (Phantom)

During the reception, they played an awesome mix of classical and modern songs. Our reception was in the early afternoon, and we didn't have dancing. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is your wedding party asking for their own dance? I'd hate to do a special dance as a bridesmaid.

Are you doing an entrance? We had a special song for when we entered the reception (I Want You To Want Me from 10 Things). We also put in 2 songs that we asked the DJ to play randomly during the night, because we knew those songs would pull us back to each other (H and I) and to the dance floor, no matter where we were.
  • Options
    I'm with Moonlight. Skip the BP dances. Boring for guests and awkward for the BP. 
  • Options

A friend is going to DJ for us. I think the great part of having a friend do it is he knows us and can help announce and lead the guests through the wedding program. We plan to have him play a classical, piano song for the entrance and mostly 90's and modern music for the recessional. And for the dancing /  party i picked out a few contemporary rock and pop songs.

Faling in Love

The O”Neill Brothers

0:04:22

Bridal Party and Bride’s Entrance

Ceremony, no music

Loving You is Sweeter Than Ever

Phil Collins

0:02:49

Recessional

You Are the Best Thing

Ray LaMontagne

0:03:55

Couple’s Entrance

Follow You Follow Me

Genesis

0:04:00

First Dance

• Options
    Another vote to cut the bridal party dance. Also, Jenifufu, your post is full of gobbledygook codes and symbols. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @moonlightsilver I love the idea of having 2 songs randomly played throughout the night! What a great Idea! 
  • Options
    My DJ suggested to play this WP dance off game thing. It sounded really great at first, but the more I think about it.. my WP is probably going to feel super awkard so I'm really thinking of cutting it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards