Outdoor Weddings

Amenities?

May be a strange question here I am not sure!

My fiance and I want to have an outdoor wedding (park/winery/???) but everywhere I look has a gazillion different amenities. Ok maybe not a gazillion but at this point it feels that way! :) What do you think are important amenities to have included in the price? Are there some that can be put to the wayside?

Examples: tables, chairs, setup/tear down, table clothes, etc.

Re: Amenities?

• I loved that our venue was all-inclusive. We had to pay for the chairs for the ceremony separately, but  the chairs for the reception were included. Everything was included and I didn't have to worry about shopping around for anything or figuring out how I was going to take care of any of it myself. 

What kinds of amenities are you thinking you don't need?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • hm1980 said:
    May be a strange question here I am not sure!

My fiance and I want to have an outdoor wedding (park/winery/???) but everywhere I look has a gazillion different amenities. Ok maybe not a gazillion but at this point it feels that way! :) What do you think are important amenities to have included in the price? Are there some that can be put to the wayside?

Examples: tables, chairs, setup/tear down, table clothes, etc.

Your examples of amenities are necessities. The only reason not to order them from your venue is if you are going to order those from your caterer. What else does your venue consider an amenity?
  • I would love if our venue included all those amenities. We have to get a lot of stuff from an outside rental company and it's kind of a hassle. 

• hm1980hm1980 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ok here is an example from a few venues:

1. cost $1700, separate ares for wedding party, overnight stay in hotel, grounds for the day, tables and chairs for 100, banquet, cake and sign in tables, setup and tear down are all included. NOT included: table clothes and napkins, china and flatware etc.

2. cost $2900, all day use of property, tables and chairs up to 200, set-up and tear down, total clean up, rehearsal time, bride and groom quarters, sound system use.

3. cost $1600, covered wagon ride for guests, dance floor, rehearsal time, 6 hour rental of location, bride and grooms room, NOT included: table and chairs - $4 per person. banquet tables - $8 per, linens $5 each.

I want to be clear these are only possibilities I am really just starting to look at venues and I am wondering what to look for and what to not worry about and what to demand included in the price.

Thanks!
  • Honestly, all of these sound relatively reasonable - though it depends on where you're having the wedding. 

Will you need an outside caterer? Or do these venues provide catering themselves? If you need an outside caterer, having linens, china, flatware, etc. not included with your venue isn't that big of a deal - most caterers will handle this themselves. 

Make a list of all the amenities you will need. See which venue checks off most on the list. I didn't book a venue until I had catering proposals in hand so I knew what final costs would end up being for each venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards