North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Vendor Reviews!

peaksarahpeaksarah member
First Anniversary First Comment
Vendor reviews from our wedding on 5/17 Officiant - we had Jay Mankedick perform our ceremony. He was a little disorganized. And got names wrong. Overall the ceremony was nice, but would probably have preferred someone more organized and prepared. Cake - We used Atlantic Cakes. Our wedding was small and would have only required a 2 tier cake. They offered to make a fake tier for the bottom so it still looked like a wedding cake. Another bakery refused to do this so I was very happy. Communication was great and the cake arrived on time. They also included an additional anniversary tier that was boxed and ready to freeze. Bottom line, the key lime cake was delish!!! I highly recommend them. Reception location/ rental house - we rented Absolute Elegance from Carolina Designs for the week and had our rehearsal dinner and reception on the back lawn. The layout of the house was great. It did not feel crowded even when we had a full house. The condition of the house left much to be desired. It is worn and could use some TLC. Rehearsal dinner - we ordered food from Currituck BBQ on the mainland and had it delivered to our house in Corolla. Their food is Awesome! It arrived on time and hot. Would definitely recommend. Reception catering - we had our reception catered by Chilli Peppers Catering. The food was great and they gave us a good price. They were also helpful in setting tables, pouring the toast and cutting the cake. They were very accommodating with any request I made. Hair/makeup - it was important to me to have someone travel to the house to do hair and makeup. We booked Glimmer for our hair and make up. We had 5 girls getting hair and make up done. They arrived with 3 girls not the 2 I was expecting. They arrived on time and finished everyone on time with out having to rush. Everyone looked beautiful. I was very happy with them. Ceremony music - we had a Club Violin perform a violin solo during our ceremony. They were very professional and communication was great during the planning process. Flowers/decor - we booked the Embellishers for our flowers and decor. We saw a tablescape that they created at the wedding expo and requested that they duplicate it for our wedding. What we got was a much cheaper version. Price had not been an issue in discussion with them so this was unacceptable. They only put 2 hydrangea stems in each mason jar. In my opinion, there should have been at least 4 to make them look full. The arrangements at the ceremony site were also extremely sparse compared to the picture I showed them when explaining what I wanted. They also forgot to bring the rosé petals for the flower girl. I voiced my complaints to them after returning home and they blamed the grower on the lack of fullness in the flower arrangements. They then stopped responding to my emails. VERY DISSAPPOINTING. I would not recommend them. Other - we did a dove release during our ceremony, coordinated by When Doves Fly. They were organized and professional. This was a great addition to our ceremony.

Re: Vendor Reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards