Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Flights booked! *check*

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Our return flight just became available today and prices were cheaper than we were expecting so we jumped on it and booked! Now we can send our wedding invites (in the form of our wedding website) to our guests, which I've been itching to do for ages, yay!

Also, we got some Save The Date business cards printed for our 'home' reception as we're not sending invites for that until Christmas but we know people who are travelling to come may want to book hotels before then, here's the design:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
   UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!

Re: Flights booked! *check*

• Options
    Congratulations on the check Jemma! That is SO exciting date twin.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    I know! Eeeeeee! Am supposed to be preparing for a job interview tonight but am too distracted by wedding stuff, oops! Good job its not until Monday ...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!!! So exciting!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! Still buzzing off the excitement today!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sunni96sunni96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper First Answer
    That is so funny Jimanie! I found myself in the same situation last week. Here is the funny thing, I was offered two jobs and both were about same pay and with good companies so either job would be good. I made my decision because one offered a large sign on bonus and as soon as they offered that I was like....wedding money!,,,, and I accepted right away. Lol. Funny how much this has affected my everyday decisions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hahah yeah, this job is quite a pay increase from my current one so I really do need to crack on with prep for it and not spend all evening looking on here! Congrats on your new job :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks and good luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nixymnixym member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Jiimanie do you mind me asking who you're flying with (and where from) and what price you got? 

We're going to pay the deposit for our ceremony in the next day or two so will be confirming the date with everyone soon and my partners parents who live in Cumbria are just itching to book their flights!

• Options
    We're flying with Virgin Atlantic (from Gatwick) but we've gone all out on some fairly expensive flights because we wanted to fly direct to Vegas and then have a flight home from San Francisco 3 weeks later (we paid £800 return). I know there's cheaper flights out there for a return to and from Vegas, especially flights that aren't direct, we just didn't want that hassle with ours so splashed out a bit! And we may splash out further and upgrade to premium economy nearer the time!

Cumbria is my favourite place in England, I take a trip there most years :) where abouts do his parents live?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nixymnixym member
    Awesome, thanks so much for the info :)  That doesn't sound too bad at all.  You'll definitely save time flying straight to Vegas.

Dave's parents live in the South Lakes at the moment, in a town called Dalton.  Previously they were in Ulverston.  It is lovely up there, it reminds me of NZ a bit.

So we're also heading to San Fran after our wedding!  We've both been there before but not together.  We're thinking 5 nights in Vegas, 5 nights in San Fran then 5 nights somewhere beachy either Hawaii if we can get flights back to Melbourne that aren't too expensive or maybe the coast in Mexico.

We were going for three weeks away originally but then we realised it would make sense to do a trip to the UK next year too before our daughter will be two in September (so we don't have to pay for her ticket) so we need to save some holidays!
  • Options
    I like your honeymoon plans, makes sense to have a shorter trip if you're planning on coming to the UK at some point too. 

We're doing 6 nights in Vegas, then driving to San Fran via Death Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Napa and Santa Rosa. We're also taking a trip from San Fran down to Big Sur/Santa Cruz/Monterey for a couple of days before we fly home. Really can't wait, it needs to get here quicker!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nixymnixym member
    Sounds great! I really love Yosemite. I think if we've got time we might drive the coast from San Fran back to LA too :) It's going to be here before we know it! We've still got lots of planning to do so I'm happy for time to go slow at the moment!
  • Options
    Hahah yeah, I go from wanting it to hurry up to wanting to take my time with the planning several times in most days!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards