California-Orange County
Options

Searching for a venue

Hello,
 I am trying to plan a wedding with a bidget of $5000. I have not found a venue and I am starting to get overwhelmed. If you guys have any suggestions on venues in the OC,IE, and LA areas I would really appreciated. Any suggestions would be awesome!!! 

-April 2014
-Outside venue (preferred)

Thank you!

Re: Searching for a venue

• Options
    I know the Newland Barn in Huntington Beach is very popular. I didn't use it, but I know quite a few people have. I'm not sure if you are looking for all inclusive or not, but with them you bring in everything yourself.

We used UCI's Student Center Ballrooms. They have an beautiful park where you can have the ceremony. We were alumni so we got a discount.

If you look through the past page or 2 of posts, you should see some other recommendations. Also think outside of the normal wedding venues. Libraries, parks, community centers.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_searching-for-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:c90db4f5-e40d-4ba8-a444-bd7b4ae43e8ePost:fd657149-2e76-4bf3-b083-645d45e992a6">Re: Searching for a venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know the Newland Barn in Huntington Beach is very popular. I didn't use it, but I know quite a few people have. I'm not sure if you are looking for all inclusive or not, but with them you bring in everything yourself. We used UCI's Student Center Ballrooms. They have an beautiful park where you can have the ceremony. We were alumni so we got a discount. If you look through the past page or 2 of posts, you should see some other recommendations. Also think outside of the normal wedding venues. Libraries, parks, community centers.
    Posted by staar987[/QUOTE]<div>Thank you I will check those out.  All inclisive is something we are interested but we have not found anything that can accomadated our budget. 
    <div><div>
    </div></div></div>
  • Options
    staar987staar987 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013

With UCI you have to use their catering and they try to be as all inclusive as possible. They rented the chairs and tables. They set up everything (including dance floor and uplighting) and were willing to deal with linens for me but we had already bought our own. I honestly thought that we were going to have to set everything up (or most everything) but when we got there the day before to drop stuff off everything was set up!

Good luck!!! Let us know what you end up going with that way others will be able to hear about it when they search the board!

• Options
    You can get married at a park and rent a hall that allows your to bring in your own stuff ?

Or try French House Estates in Orange its beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards