Florida-North Florida

Gainesville (AREA) wedding

My friend is wanting to do a wedding this year somewhere in the Gainesville area. She is looking for a relatively inexpensvie venue. It does not have to be in Gainesville-can be in any of the surrounding areas like High Springs, Trenton, Archer etc. Any ideas or advice would be a great help. Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gainesville (AREA) wedding

• The Thomas Center in Gainesville was one of the places I looked at and it was very inexpensive. Another one I checked out was Dudley Farm in Newberry. I ended up going with the Steinhatchee Landing Resort.
  • Kanapaha Botanical gardens!

• vineheart137vineheart137 member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if you're still looking, but I just got married at The Opera House in High Springs. After searching extensively in the Gainesville area, I found that we got way more bang for our buck at The Opera House. The banquet manager, Cristina, is amazing and will let you use any of the linens, centerpieces, and decorative items she has available at no extra charge. We only did our reception there (our ceremony took place at our church) but you can also have the ceremony set there. Check it out!

ETA: As PP said, the Thomas Center is also relatively inexpensive, although because they are located in the middle of a neighborhood I know they have some noise restrictions depending on how late the wedding is ending.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards