New York

Trying to find a local rustic venue in Syracuse/Rochester

Hi everyone, I am getting married in October 2014 and trying hard to find an affordable rustic venue like a barn.  It will be for around 180 people. Anyone have any ideas on where abouts this might be able to happen. We want to be able to bring in our own catering like Dinosaur BBQ. Thanks so much!

Re: Trying to find a local rustic venue in Syracuse/Rochester

• Not sure what it costs, but this place will let you bring in outside caterers and fits the rustic barn vibe: http://thebarnparty.com/
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We used Camp Brockway at Pratts Falls County Park in Manlius. Its not a barn but its super rustic, beautiful and affordable. We got married in August there and also had a BBQ.

• I was thinking of using Camp Brockway also. How many people did you have? Ours will be about 180-200. We were wondering with that many people if there was room for a dance floor.
  • Have you looked at The Wingate Barn in Livonia NY? I was at a wedding there that had 200 people and it worked. Its is very nice and has the rustic feel, they allow outside catering and I bet the dino in Rochester could do it.
  • No I haven't! I'll have to check it out, thanks! In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_trying-to-find-a-local-rustic-venue-in-syracuserochester?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:cbf8d39e-853b-4748-97f4-f2bc2f728ed7Post:30b95851-b5fa-4b32-a1e2-64a6ddd60497">Re: Trying to find a local rustic venue in Syracuse/Rochester</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked at The Wingate Barn in Livonia NY? I was at a wedding there that had 200 people and it worked. Its is very nice and has the rustic feel, they allow outside catering and I bet the dino in Rochester could do it.
    Posted by roses4ever215[/QUOTE]
  • i looked all over both syracuse and rochester for a year before we decided.
    we're using arrowhead lodge in brewerton. They have a full kitchen so you can have catering by dino, or just buy the catering trays and prepare them yourself!

i looked at camp brockaway first, and while i liked it, i found arrowhead to be much more modern and conveinent. Keep in mind that camp brockaway is on a seasonal road and is very difficult to find and get to in normal weather, let alone october in upstate ny. also, the bathrooms arent attatched. you have to walk down a steep hill (in the dark if at night) and they arent close to the main building at all!
  • I went to a reception at Arrowhead. It was a wonderful venue and had a perfect rustic yet somewhat modern feel. Very nice place!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Camp Brockway will be too small for that many guests. I dont think Arrowhead wont fit that many guests either..
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_trying-to-find-a-local-rustic-venue-in-syracuserochester?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:cbf8d39e-853b-4748-97f4-f2bc2f728ed7Post:db4a962d-652a-4e1a-a5e6-7943945770df">Trying to find a local rustic venue in Syracuse/Rochester</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I am getting married in October 2014 and trying hard to find an affordable rustic venue like a barn.  It will be for around 180 people. Anyone have any ideas on where abouts this might be able to happen. We want to be able to bring in our own catering like Dinosaur BBQ. Thanks so much!
    Posted by kktracy[/QUOTE]

I have just listed my farm/barn as a wedding venue on our newly-formed site, barnesbarn.net. We are located about 30 mi. SE of Syracuse. The pricing listed is for 2013.  Good luck, Mike
  • Did you look at Fallbrook Lodge in Oswego?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards