North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

First look?

Since we started wedding planning, my fiance and I have planned to do a first look on the beach prior to our ceremony. I'm not super traditional, and I've read that a first look can be a really special moment with just the two of you and can allow you to be more relaxed during the ceremony. For the past couple days though, I've been having second thoughts... I worry that doing a first look will take something away from the excitement/emotion of seeing each other as I walk down the aisle or feel staged in front of the photographer. For those of you that have done a first look, would you do it again? Any advice/hindsight would be much appreciated! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First look?

• Options
    I am getting married in September in Manteo.  We are going to be doing a first look on the beach.  The one thing I didn't think of was the extra time we were going to need with the photographer to accomplish the first look.  
    I have not yet gone through with the first look but I get emotional just thinking about it.  I don't personally think it takes anything away from the wedding.  At the wedding everyone is seeing you for the first time.  I think it is special to have the groom see you for the first time by himself. When he sees you during the ceremony, you will be walking to him to become his wife.  No matter what you look like, or if he has seen you already, that will always be a special moment.   
  • Options
    Thank you!! :) You definitely helped me make up my mind - I don't know why I doubted our choice of a first look!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did a first look for our wedding last September on our beach access at the rental home. I liked doing it bc I really wanted the experience of seeing each other first before anyone else and we had a good 15 minutes alone and did photos together right after to allow for more time after the ceremony to spend with our guests during cocktail hour.  It definitely took away the nerves when it came time for the ceremony thank goodness or I would have been a wreck!!!  Highly recommend it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards