Pre-wedding Parties
Options

B-party- splitting costs

I'm generally not over here... I got married a few years ago but I'm the MOH for a friend and planning her bachelorette party. Some of the BM's want to ask the guests to chip in for the limo bus, others think that is tacky. The knot seems to say it is fine to ask but what do you think? I'm not sure how to reach a compromise. Maybe I'll ask the guests to chip in something and we will cover the rest?? thoughts?
Thanks ladies! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: B-party- splitting costs

• Options
    I do not think it's appropriate to ask guests to chip in for the limo. If whomever is hosting the event WANTS a limo, then she/they should pay for the limo. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    The reason for a limo or bus is that the bride has a guest list of about 30 people and wants to go into the city.  Unless everyone in the bridal party (and a few guests) drive and do not drink there is no way to do this without a limo or bus.  She would not be happy if none of her friends were drinking at the party either. 

I totally get what you are saying and I feel like we should pay too but others are saying that everyone should chip in since it is a party for her and the bridal party is paying for her big shower earlier in the day.  
  • Options
    That makes sense, and I guess if I were close friends with someone, I wouldn't mind chipping in for it. I'm just not sure if I'd be in the minority or the majority on that, and I don't know if there's a good way to ask people TO chip in. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

It's pretty common for everyone to pay their own way for the events of a B-Party (drinks, dinner, show tickets, etc) but for the host to pay for the transportation.

Like Addie, I wouldn't mind paying a share per se...but I would likely drive myself over paying $30+ for a seat in a limo.

• Options
    I think it depends on your circle. I would rather chip in on a bus than have to figure out my own transportation if I was drinking. All of the bachelorette parties I've been to have had limos or buses that we've chipped in on though. I can't really remember how it was brought up because it was just normal that everyone would chip in.
  • Options
    Added factor is that we are going into the city where parking would be at least $20 at each place we go to.

Thanks for your input. Ill go back to the girls.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think it depends on your circle. I would rather chip in on a bus than have to figure out my own transportation if I was drinking. All of the bachelorette parties I've been to have had limos or buses that we've chipped in on though. I can't really remember how it was brought up because it was just normal that everyone would chip in.
    In this area, whoever would be organizing such an event would send an email/evite to all involved parties.  Costs would be broken down to offer the best and worst case financial scenarios, such as.......

"We would like to arrange for a party bus.  We need a minimum of 10 people to make it happen.  The guest list count is at 30.  If 10 people use the bus, the cost will be $30 each.    If all 30 people make use of the bus, the cost will be $10 per guest. If we don't get the minimum number, alternative transportation options will be presented." (Or something along those lines).

The same thing is done with the other details of the event, whether it's the dinner, show tickets, or bar tab.  In this way, each guest is well aware of their costs prior to making an attendance decision.
  • Options
    mobkaz said:
    In this area, whoever would be organizing such an event would send an email/evite to all involved parties.  Costs would be broken down to offer the best and worst case financial scenarios, such as.......

"We would like to arrange for a party bus.  We need a minimum of 10 people to make it happen.  The guest list count is at 30.  If 10 people use the bus, the cost will be $30 each.    If all 30 people make use of the bus, the cost will be $10 per guest. If we don't get the minimum number, alternative transportation options will be presented." (Or something along those lines).

The same thing is done with the other details of the event, whether it's the dinner, show tickets, or bar tab.  In this way, each guest is well aware of their costs prior to making an attendance decision.
    I agree with this. But you shouldn't exclude anyone who doesn't pay

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards