North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Marriage License

I am just curious if anyone else has gotten their marriage license the week of their wedding and if you can vouch that it IS an easy thing to get! (assuming you have the correct paperwork) We were planning on making a trip to NC a month before the wedding to get this but it would require taking off work...

Any advice is great!

Thanks!

Re: Marriage License

• Options
    Our wedding was on a Friday, we got our license the Tuesday before, probably took about 20 minutes to get it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh that's great. Thank you!
  • Options
    ashley2516ashley2516 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Relatively quick to get. The drive from Carova to Manteo and back again was the worst part. Just make sure you both have your social security cards. When we were getting our license, there was another couple there who didn't have theirs, and they were on the phone trying to have things faxed in. Seemed like a real pain.
  • Options
    We got ours the day before, no issues :)

• Options
    We went to the Currituck Courthouse. We took a friday off about a month before our wedding to go down and wrap up some things and get our license. There was literally not one other person in the whole courthouse (besides the people working there). It took us 15 mins, and she only looked at our driver's licenses. I heard the Currituck Register of Deeds is more lenient than the one in Manteo. Plus if you are coming from the north (we drove down from VA) the Currituck Co. Courthouse is so much closer.
  • Options
    We got ours a few days before in Manteo.  No one else was there, so as long as you're sure to have all of the paperwork, it should be a pretty quick process!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    Ahh that makes me feel so much better! Anyone have any issues with the actual wedding permit? I applied a few weeks ago for a small (15 people) ceremony on pea island for August and haven't heard yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards