Wedding Etiquette Forum

wedding invites on photo paper tacky?

Hi I'm doing my own invites with Martha Stewart craft studio.....if I print them out on photo paper.they are half the cost than on card stock....but do you think it will be tacky?

Re: wedding invites on photo paper tacky?

• I don't think it would necessarily be tacky, but I agree with Liatris that it might confuse your guests. I'd expect the wedding to be very casual if I got such an invitation.
  • It's gonna be formal.....the design is formal its just when it prints will it be cardstock or photo paper
  • Honestly I'd just spend the extra money on the cardstock then.
  • hordolhordol member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I think cardstock would be better, but honestly I think the time of day of the wedding and the venue speak more to the formality than what paper you print the invites on. I wouldn't worry about confusing your guests about that, really. Again, just my opinion. I know lots of people on the Knot think the style of your invites should reflect the formality of your event, which isn't wrong necessarily, but if you're having a 6 pm reception at a fancy venue, I would think your guests would understand that they might want to dress up even if your invite was on photo paper.

Look on amazon and other sites for cheaper prices for the cardstock.

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I think you should just spend the money, or find a cheaper way to get invites. With Vistaprint, you can get a groupon to help offset, but they have some formalish designs, then upgraded paper. 
  • Stick with  cardstock esp if it is formal
  • r&c14r&c14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    I second the VistaPrint idea. Groupon has deals about every month and I ordered the sample pack to see the quality and loved them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I would definitely use the card stock...

Anniversary

• Im only using the design I created and getting them printed through snapfish. Thus the reason for the price difference. Thanks for all the thoughts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards