Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Not your conventional wedding...

2»

Re: Not your conventional wedding...

• Would it be possible to make the entertainment/ceremony dinner theater style? I'd like the idea more if it were cocktail hour- dinner with entertainment- dancing. It gives guests more time to mingle and enjoy each other's company, while still having room for all the quirky stuff.
  • you might want to check with the Knot TOS before doing any more posts linking to the blog....I think you can get banned for it in some situations. Just a heads up.
  • So, this is my second kick at the can - i'm 45, and a burlesque performer.  My fiance (his first marriage) is 32, and a competitive yoyoer. 

Our ceremony will be the finale of a short cabaret show featuring performances by friends and family - including the groom's brother plying guitar as I sing, a classic burlesque fan dance, a magician, yoyo, and all hosted by a dear friend of mine who is a fantastic drag queen.  The groom's cousin will accompany my entrance on the violin.

The ceremony itself will be a traditional celtic handfasting.  Then the recessional, straight into toasts and cake cutting, then dance the night away.  (the food part of the reception is actually going to be BEFORE the ceremony)

Oh, and the whole thing is being held in a fabulous venue that looks like a 1920's supper club - with a stage and booths, all done up in red, black, and silver.

My mother is rolling her eyes, but the groom's mom loves the idea and so do the wedding party.  I think it will make for a fun and very memorable evening.
    Am I seriously the only one who doesn't know what a competitive voyeur is?

And I would be miserable at a wedding like this... unless, like you said, you didn't mind if people didn't watch. I would go to the bar and chat with people. But, would I then miss the actual wedding ceremony?

She said competitive yoyoer. I'm assuming he is talented with a yo-yo. Competitive voyeurism would be something else, altogether.
    HA! That's embarrassing. I was seriously scratching my head on that one. The images that went through my mind...

Competitive voyeur is coming to get you!!

Anniversary

• LMAO! ^

Ok guys, I tried being polite and magnanimous to everyone, but the writing is on the wall so i'm skedaddling over to Offbeatbride.com. 

Best of luck all.

• Yes, the venue is an old supper club - it's specifically laid out with booths to allow for what you're describing. 
  •                    
  • I'd like to hear more about how you're actually scheduling the food, then ceremony. We're attempting to do the same thing (food first) for a variety of reasons and I'd love to hear how you're handling scheduling your attire (how many dresses do you have? Do you wear a reception dress before the ceremony and again after?) and your pictures.

I think I just need 2 hours for every 1 that I actually have.

Ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards