Sports Weddings
Options

Rivalry wedding: Vikings vs. Packers

My fiance's family is all from Minnesota, so they're all Vikings fans. Meanwhile, my family is all from Wisconsin and we're all die-hard Packers fans. I want to incorporate both teams into the wedding. The colors would be purple, green, and gold. I'm considering having the bridal party wear their particular team's colors, so my bridesmaids would have 3 girls wearing green dresses, and 1 in a purple dress. All 5 groomsmen would be wearing purple, since they are all Team Vikings. I've virtually created the particular bridesmaid dress style on the Alfred Angelo website, adjusting the dress colors to fit my theme. However, I also have one bridesmaid who is a Cowboys fan, who would want to wear her team's colors (blue and silver). Should I have her pick Packers or Vikings for a day, or allow her to wear her team's colors? I would love to have some input! Thanks! :)

Re: Rivalry wedding: Vikings vs. Packers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_sports-weddings_rivalry-wedding-vikings-vs-packers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:672Discussion:c8e5c64f-1e99-4e70-abfe-3cf80f92fabaPost:8fd8d84c-c5e0-4c2e-9c00-a25b878d5c2f">Re: Rivalry wedding: Vikings vs. Packers</a>:
    [QUOTE]It might sound mean, but to the cowboys fan, this is not her wedding ... You should not have to worry about accommodating her request to wear her team's colors on what is your special day. I would have the groomsmen wear one team's color combination and the bridesmaids wear the other. If your try to combine all three, it will look like you guys are going with a maradi gras theme.
    Posted by Gabby2014[/QUOTE]
    I agree with above comment- do the two teams<div>
    </div><div>I am having a dallas and eagles theme wedding in oct.</div><div>Hope it will not look odd, but I love navy blue so the bridesmaids are in navy blue dresses ( though I am the eagles fan/green)  and my FI is the cowboys fan.</div><div>My colors are burnt orange and navy blue with fall (fake) leaf decor- found some great ones on amazon.</div><div>But the theme is football so that he can have a part of it too. Plus, our first date was on superbowl Sunday and we do both enjoy football and it is in the fall/football season.</div><div>I am trying to keep it classy , too and not tacky.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am going to have a dallas or eagles garter, lol  </div><div>and then then the garter will be put on a football when it is thrown.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, grooms cake- half eagles/half dallas and around it I am having a candy buffet- with green and silver  and blue and silver for the two teams. possibly some brown candies, too, for the football color. and also found some football wrapper candy (buttermints- Party City).</div><div>
    </div><div>any other ideas let me know, please!</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, going to get that green indoor turf like "carpet" and cut it and make it look like a football field and put the grooms cake and candy on top of it</div><div>
    </div><div>I want to put some kind of football decor on tables... Right now I have bowls with leaf designs on them and was going to do floating candles. and scatter the leaves. </div><div>Maybe scatter football decor?</div><div>
    </div><div>we will be introduced with football music, such as FOX nfl theme.</div><div>
    </div><div>oh, and  tehre will be a 2 min warning video countdown with music right before intros</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_sports-weddings_rivalry-wedding-vikings-vs-packers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:672Discussion:c8e5c64f-1e99-4e70-abfe-3cf80f92fabaPost:336bfa46-6ff6-41c1-8e3a-4e8ef8a3faf8">Rivalry wedding: Vikings vs. Packers</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance's family is all from Minnesota, so they're all Vikings fans. Meanwhile, my family is all from Wisconsin and we're all die-hard Packers fans. I want to incorporate both teams into the wedding. The colors would be purple, green, and gold. I'm considering having the bridal party wear their particular team's colors, so my bridesmaids would have 3 girls wearing green dresses, and 1 in a purple dress. All 5 groomsmen would be wearing purple, since they are all Team Vikings. I've virtually created the particular bridesmaid dress style on the Alfred Angelo website, adjusting the dress colors to fit my theme. However, I also have one bridesmaid who is a Cowboys fan, who would want to wear her team's colors (blue and silver). Should I have her pick Packers or Vikings for a day, or allow her to wear her team's colors? I would love to have some input! Thanks! :)
    Posted by wisminnbride14[/QUOTE]

<div>Love the two color dresses!~ great idea!</div>
  • Options

Being a Cowboys fan myself I would suck it up and pick one of the 2 colors you want for your wedding. ;) it is your day not mine (and really in the end it's only one day,  she could wear cowboys colors for her undergarments if she was really worried about wearing another teams colors for a day lol)

Yes we are BIG football fans in our house :) Go Cowboys! LOL My FI is a Packers fan :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards