Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

wedding/vendor recap for boston area

Hi ladies,

Well the day has come and gone & I am now married to my best friend.....I couldn't be happier!  I thought I would give a review of the vendors that I had for our wedding to help those still planning and possibly deciding to use these vendors.

Make up - Make me up Bridal - Laura .... she was super sweet, professional, & did an amazing job.  She was out of weymouth but travels for a small fee. 

Venue - Tewksbury Country Club - I was nervous about this because there was little contact throughout the planning process.  However, they did a phenomenal job from setting up the room to making sure hubby & I were taken care of during the wedding.  They were pricey but I loved the venue, the food was great, and the staff was very efficient.

Cake - Konditor Meister - they did a fabulous job off of a picture I presented them with, the cake itself tasted scrumptious, and they were easy to work with.

Photographer - Classic Photographers - I can't say too much about them because we haven't received the final products yet.... but we did engagement pictures....there were some discrepancies of quality versus what we saw on the computer and what we received.  They fixed them though free of charge.  If I was to do over though I would probably go with a photographer that does their own developing/legwork etc.  We also booked a photobooth and videographer.  Photobooth was a total hit, everyone was still talking about how fun it was after the wedding and i have some great keepsakes with it  & videographer we haven't received product yet.

Flowers - Evergreen Florist - I am going to preface this with .... the overall product/ service was beautiful and efficient.  However, we had a hard time in the planning process with them.  I had to make a second trip back for samples because there was a miscommunication on what I wanted and I went into the wedding having no real idea what my bouqet would look like or the other displays.   I would suggest you ask to see samples before putting down a deposit if possible.  I wouldn't used them if I was to do my wedding over.

DJ - NUIMAGE Entertainment (Rick Bettencourt) - I would definately not recommend them.  They are pricey and the service they provided was not worth it. I invested the money with the belief that what you pay for is what you get.  Don't be fooled like me. The DJ was supposed to contact me two months before the wedding and he did not.  With everything going on planning wise & working a full time job I dropped the ball on an early start contacting them.  I started to freak out 3 weeks prior to the wedding and tried several times to contact him & company.  Company gave us the run around and I finally got a hold of the DJ a week before the wedding after calling him morning, noon, and night for 3 days straight.  He gave me some lame excuse that he had sent me an email.  I never received it but its funny how I received all of my other vendors emails.  I guess calling to follow up on that email never occured to him.  He made me feel like this was my fault not his.  I had to meet him without my fiance because of scheduling issues which he was not flexible with.  Overall, he did a decent job but I feel like I was jipped on the planning part of the music .... there weren't a lot of songs played that I actually liked & only because the day of  I was  good at improvising was he able to incorporate the things I wanted special into our wedding.  My husband is not so he missed out on some stuff he really wanted.  oh well you live and learn.

Invitations - Emerald invitations - On a better note....these guys were my absolute favorite vendor.  Both Mike & Chris are professional, efficient, talented, patient, and genuinely nice guys.  They are reasonably priced to boot.  I can not say enough good things about them or their company.  They kept me in line with timelines in a nice way and they were prompt returning emails for all the silly questions I had for them.  They never made me feel like the pain in the butt I know I was.  They were simply amazing to work with and their final products were absolutely gorgeous.  They designed everything for me custom.....I loved every piece they produced.  I would recommend them to everyone and anyone who needs invitations for anything!

Decor - perfect parties -  They did a wonderful job.  The room looked just how i envisioned it. 

Limo - Black tie - The driver was super helpful and they were on time.

Hope this helps .... if anyone needs additional info just let me know....I will be happy to help.

Happliy Married

Re: wedding/vendor recap for boston area

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards