Texas-Houston

Budget friendly DJ , Photo and Video ?

I'm on a tight budget and looking for a dj, photo and videographer. Thanks in advance !
Wedding Countdown Ticker
123: Invitedimage
TBA: Attendingimage
TBA: Declinedimage
TBA: Not Repliedimage
RSVP August 10, 2013

Re: Budget friendly DJ , Photo and Video ?

• What is a tight budget?

My DJ was $900 for 5 hours, although I wouldn't really recommend him.
    My photographer was $1000 for 6 hours.  I think that's a steal, but her prices have gone up since then.
    My videographer was $1500 for 6 hours.  That's a steal for the quality of the work.  I wanted something really cinematic, not just plain video.  I'd recommend her.

You CAN fine photo/video/dj for cheaper.  For DJs, I think you need to find someone who isn't part of a big company.  There are independent DJs who can be pretty cheap.  Same for photo/video... don't go for a big company.  And reduce the "package"--less time, fewer extras.  You don't need photo/video of your ENTIRE day, or even of the entire reception.   

SaveSave
  • DJ $ 500 for 4 hours
    Photo no more than  $ 1,000.00
    Video no more than $1,000.00 Still deciding on this is really needed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
  • Video can be really expensive, and it's not NECESSARY, but I really wanted it, especially since my mom couldn't come to my wedding.  I'm so glad to have a video she can watch.

SaveSave
  • I know of a FANTASTIC photographer who can keep your budget down. She did my friend's wedding and we all loved the pictures.

Her packages start at $750 but I don't know if I should say this, she will work with you to get you what you need. I loved her!!! here's her website: http://captiveartphotography.com/home
  • DJ sounds by Mario - charged us $75/hr at our wedding Sept 2011. He was punctual, played the songs we requested, he was recommended by a friend, his phone #: 832-665-6049
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Thanks everyone I will look into all the posted information.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP August 10, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards