February 2014 Weddings

Let's get to know each other!

2»

Re: Let's get to know each other!

• If you dont eat enough calories you wont lose weight. Protein is your friend. I eat a lot of protein.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • i feel like I eat a lot!
  • I feel you there, @Dancer2873.  I'm been eating healthy and exercising like crazy (I'm doing a walking event in the middle of July and have to walk at least 10km a day in order to be ready for it.  Unfortunately yesterday my four hour walk resulted in a massive blister, so I might have to be off training for a day or two until it is not so painful), and I've barely seen any results.  Mind, I don't own a scale so I don't know if I'm losing weight, but my pants still fit the same.  If anything they've gotten tighter - how does my butt grow when I'm getting so much exercise?  Gah!

• How much you eat and the types of foods really matter. Protein is really key to muscle mass and weight loss. Are you ladies lifting weights? This is important too without it many do plateau. What about interval training? Interval training is a great way to melt pounds.

Last but not least remember "Skinny is made in the gym, Abs are made in the kitchen" What you eat has huge ramifications if you want to be cut. I almost never eat carbs at night anymore unless its my cheat night or the night before a huge endurance race for me.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Your/FI Name: Cinarina/Joshua
    Your/FI Age: 19/20
    Where You Live: Lanark, IL
    What You/FI Do: Cook&waitress/grain bin builder
    Wedding Date: 2/28/2014
    Wedding Location: Galena, IL
    Wedding Colors: Malibu Blue, Silver, Black
    Favorite check so far: My wedding dress, by far!
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I have an at home favorite color and an outside of the home favorite color.
  • @dewingedpixie I'm not lifting weights - I was doing push-ups.  My abs are fine, it's just my butt that grows (or at least isn't getting smaller) despite at least two hours of biking or walking a day.  I think at this point I just have what my relatives call DBD - Dutch Bum Disease.  Or I eat too much chocolate.  That is a major possibility.  Darn you chocolate for being delicious and awesome and so very cheap!

• @kerbohl Try interval training and weights it works pretty good for that :). Sounds like you just need to ramp up the intensity a bit.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • @dewingedpixie I'll try that!  I'm steadily doing more and more walking because of my training for my walking event, but it is a lot of flat area, so six hours of walking is tiring but not challenging, so it is understandable that I still have to shimmy into my pants that shrunk slightly in the wash. 

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @kerbohl what kind of event are you doing?

On another note Why the hell am I getting snark from shit heads that are not even February boards on my thread. Seriously? WTF?
    @knotporscha

• CarolinaHeartCarolinaHeart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    dewingedpixie said: @kerbohl what kind of event are you doing?

On another note Why the hell am I getting snark from shit heads that are not even February boards on my thread. Seriously? WTF?

Quick question.  I posted the first reply on the thread you are referring to but I am indeed an
    actual February '14 bride.

So am I a shit head too orrrrr.....?

Just wondering where I stand in all of that.

Edited for spacing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @dewingpixie I'm doing a four days march, so 40 km for four days.  I do a lot of walking so it will be doable, as long as I'm not stupid like I was on Tuesday and decide to "break in" some shoes on a four hour hike and end up with a massive blister . . . at least I could walk on the beach for the last little bit without my shoes on. 

• @carolinaheart I really just dont care anymore. I'm fine with my decision I just dont understand why you all need to be nasty and snarky all the time. Its one of the reasons I stopped coming here for a while. The attacks on everyone for every move is just ridiculous. Why people cant just be happy for others I dont understand.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I've been ergging doing drills and then some meter piece sets as one set then a set of a few weight lifting exercises in sets of 15 and then there is like 7 or  8 of those working through arms, shoulders, legs and abs. then go back to another drill of the ergging to another weight lifting set and then lastly a 500 meter piece and end with stretching if I am not taking the rowing class then I walk, run or bikeride. I only lift between 5-15lbs depending on the exercise and what muscle it is targeting.
  • @carolinaheart I really just dont care anymore. I'm fine with my decision I just dont understand why you all need to be nasty and snarky all the time. Its one of the reasons I stopped coming here for a while. The attacks on everyone for every move is just ridiculous. Why people cant just be happy for others I dont understand.
    Please point out or quote where I was nasty at all or even a little bit snarky.

I'll wait.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • are there posts deleted from this post or am I missing something?
  • fre3domsfre3doms member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Joined The Knot awhile back but since I got engaged 13 days ago actually using it now.

Your/FI Name: Frances/Matt
    Your/FI Age: 28/31
    Where You Live: Streamwood/Crystal Lake, IL
    What You/FI Do: Job Hunt (want to be a librarian)/ Monitors Wind Farms
    Wedding Date: 2/15/14 :)
    Wedding Location: Not sure yet---probably Bartlett, IL--having a family only wedding then a party in March. 
    Wedding Colors: Party will be purple and blue. :)
    Favorite check so far: Haven't bought anything. But I love my engagement ring :)
    One random/strange/fun fact about you: I'm obsessed with Beauty and the Beast. And I'm looking for my "Belle" dress to wear for the wedding. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome @fre3doms

We're wedding date twins!

Will your dress be the only Disney influence or did you have any other ideas in mind?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well we're having a really small family wedding. Might carry like one rose or maybe some wooden or paper roses. The place we're probably having our party/reception does its own decorating---I'll have to see what the options are. Might bring some of my Beauty and the Beast stuff to decorate the welcome table or something.
    If I was having a bigger wedding I was going to walk to the "Transformation" from the movie. I think we will be having dancing and my playlist will be heavily influenced by Disney, Muppets, Musicals and Sinatra I think.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• fre3doms said:
    Well we're having a really small family wedding. Might carry like one rose or maybe some wooden or paper roses. The place we're probably having our party/reception does its own decorating---I'll have to see what the options are. Might bring some of my Beauty and the Beast stuff to decorate the welcome table or something.
    If I was having a bigger wedding I was going to walk to the "Transformation" from the movie. I think we will be having dancing and my playlist will be heavily influenced by Disney, Muppets, Musicals and Sinatra I think.
    You can still walk down the aisle to your song! I think that'd be sweet!

At one of my best friend's wedding, they played instrumentals of all kinds of Disney love songs pre-ceremony and then she walked to  Sebastian's "Kiss the Girl.' (The Little Mermaid is her Beauty and the Beast. lol) Every knew this and LOVED it. It was a really cute moment when everyone realized what song it was.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @fre3doms Welcome!  I hope that you find your Belle dress?  If it isn't too much to ask, can you post a picture of your engagement ring, or at least describe it?  I have to get a new one to replace the other that I can no longer wear in a few months and feel sad looking at my bare finger, so I LOVE looking at other people's rings. 
    And @CarolinaHeart - walking down to "Kiss the Girl"?  Genius! 

• kerbohl said:
    @fre3doms Welcome!  I hope that you find your Belle dress?  If it isn't too much to ask, can you post a picture of your engagement ring, or at least describe it?  I have to get a new one to replace the other that I can no longer wear in a few months and feel sad looking at my bare finger, so I LOVE looking at other people's rings. 
    And @CarolinaHeart - walking down to "Kiss the Girl"?  Genius! 
    Ohhh yes! Show us your ring! 

Why can't you wear your ring @kerbohl? :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's my ring! It's a Mystic Fire Topaz with a whole bunch of tiny diamonds around it. Told my fiance I wanted a Mystic Fire and white gold and left the rest up to him.

I have two or 3 Belle dresses I'm looking between online.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, I love that @fre3doms!

Mine is much more traditional. lol Although sometimes I think we may get it reset in rose gold one anniversary.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I'm a non-traditionalist in many ways. My fiance has good taste in jewelry---probably cause he listens to my suggestions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @fre3doms Wow, it's amazing!  I was originally thinking of a mystic fire for my engagement ring as well.  They are such beautiful stones.  I love all the different colours in them.   

@CarolinaHeart The engagement ring that my FI picked out doesn't suit my lifestyle - it is a claddaugh that keeps getting caught on things, and in the first four months I had it one of the sapphires has already chipped, so now I refuse to wear it in case it gets wrecked more.  I'm usually careful with my jewelery, but the engagement ring just isn't working out.  FI would rather buy a ring that I will wear than one that stays in its box except on days when I'm not doing anything strenuous with my hands.      

• @kerbohl I have a claddaugh that I bought at the Renaissance Fair several years ago. I wear it on my right hand. It's flush with my finger though so it luckily does not get caught in things. I'm actually surprised I have not caught my engagement ring in too much considering how big it is.

I hope you can find an engagement ring that is beautiful and last.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fre3doms said:
    Yeah I'm a non-traditionalist in many ways. My fiance has good taste in jewelry---probably cause he listens to my suggestions.

Oh Its so beautiful.  Welcome fre3doms :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards