Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Bare Minerals Review

Originally the girl doing my hair was also going to do my makeup...but as she doesn't do makeup out of her salon I would have to buy everything myself.

I was at another salon recently getting a shellac manicure and talked to them about having them do my makeup. They only use all Bare Mineral products, which I don't have any experience with. I tried a sample of their foundation--which I am now in love with. They would only charge $22 for the whole makeover vs me shelling out a $100 or more to buy all makeup myself, so I would rather go this route.

Since I don't have much experience with Bare Minerals products however, I was hoping to get some reviews on it's staying power. I would be probably getting makeup done around 9am so I have time afterwards for hair....or maybe drive to the makeup salon afterwards for makeup? Ceremony is at 4pm and it outdoors on Aug 31st so it will probably be pretty hot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bare Minerals Review

• Options
    I wore Bare Minerals for my wedding, and also use it as everyday makeup.  I've never had a problem with staying power as long as I use primer and concealer- though for a wedding I definitely recommend using the READY foundation (which is the pressed powder one) rather than the original, loose powder one, as it's a lot more full-coverage.  Bare Minerals will never be as full-coverage as a liquid foundation, though, so I wouldn't recommend it if you have a lot of blemishes you want to cover.  But if you have relatively clear skin, I think it's awesome, and it leave my skin looking amazing.  Happy to answer any follow-up questions if you have them.
  • Options

Thanks for the tip on the READY foudation. I actually scheduled a trial for the morning onf my bachelorette party so that should be a good judge of how well it holds up.

My skin is pretty clear but I do visit the dermatologist because I get an occasional hard blemish (usually coinciding with my cycle). Using the trial I found their lose foundation covers up my blemishes better--it hides the redness instead of getting chunky and paint-like.

What are you impressions of the eye products? Mascara and eyeliner, etc?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of their eye makeup too.  I use their mascara everyday, though I just use drugstore liquid eyeliner...I'm not even sure BM has a liquid liner; I think they just have pencils.  The one eye product they have that I really, really love is their primer shadow- it's eye primer and eyeshadow in one, and it stays on forever- and if you layer other shadows or liner on top of it, they stay on forever too. 
  • Options
    I use Bare Minerals everyday!  This includes foundation, mineral veil, blush, lip gloss, eyeshadow, eyeliner & mascara.  I would definitely do the $22 makeover.  However, I would also ask if they could provide a sample size of whatever foundation they use on you for a little touch up prior to the ceremony since it will be several hours later.
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback!!

@lmbprg yes they have tons of mini samples so I know they would definitely give me one for touch-ups!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards