California-Inland Empire

How long did it take you to get your marriage certificate back?

Hey ladies! Out of curiosity, for any of you who are already married - how long did it take to get your marriage certificate after you were married? (We're getting married in Orange County, for the record!)

TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone

Re: How long did it take you to get your marriage certificate back?

• Haven't tied the knot yet, but my fiance and I just met with our officiant last night and got a lot of really helpful information. She said it depends on the time of year you get married (the county's workload), and whether or not your officiant drops it off or you do.

By California law, officiant's are supposed to deliver the license to a county office to be certified. YOU can drop it off, but you'll have to sign a waiver to let your officiant off the hook. It typically takes 6-8 weeks if your officiant drops it off (8 weeks during the busy - read Summer - season, sooner during the slower months), or a week or so if you drop it off yourself.

Hope that helps you!
  • You can take your signed license down to the County Clerk Recorder's Office, which I believe is still at the Old Orange County Courthouse, and get it recorded immediately.

Best wishes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards