July 2013 Weddings

July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!

13»

Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:a5c8b5d3-27e7-4849-b0a7-73b719a5c273">Re:July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything! :  We went to Banff, Canada - which I had never heard of before H suggested it.  It looked beautiful and it looked like something we would like - huge national park, lots of hiking..
    Posted by KatieK501[/QUOTE]

This makes me want to scrap our beach idea :)   We are both very active and love seeing new places. hmm...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:1fbf5d0f-da88-4a7a-b3ca-ace4bf4a84b8">Re:July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!: Are you having a limo? Can you have someone drive you when its time? That way you can hang out at home or wherever and dont have to worry about hiding.
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

<div>Probably not going to have a limo.  I don't really think any car will solve the problem, though.  What I'm concerned about is getting from one part of the park to the area where the ceremony will be held without being seen.  At indoor ceremonies it's easy for the bride to hide/enter through a door.  So just wondering how to remedy that.  There aren't really any buildings or anything near the ceremony site. :/</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    2.5 hours for pics!! wow! that's definitely good to know... we're having out cocktail "hour" from 4-6, so that should be enough time...

also, i really like the idea of having some downtown with the FI er... husband?! after the wedding, especially if we don't end up doing a first look.

again, you guys are killing it with the advice. thank you SO much!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you guys for all the advice...

Questions:

1. What was the one thing that you guys REALLY focused on, but realized actually wasn't that serious?

2. I live in maryland, but am getting married in Vegas (like 20-30 people).. what suggestions do you have. I am a very detailed person and to plan this away is really making me feel like I am going to miss a lot of little things.. What adviice do you guys have that had destination weddings?

3. If you had to do it all again, would you buy a very expensive dress.. or how do you guys feel about going to the sites like (recyclebride, or preowned wedding dresses, or oncewed)..to buy a dress.??? If you have done that, how did it work out for you?

4. Is it really important to get BP together and do things early out, or not really. I feel like I want to make decisions (like their dresses) asap and then we don't have to stress over it. But maybe that's just something I am pushing for that really doesn't need to be done at 11months????

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:73ec4491-e0ea-47ad-83be-856b5b84aa8b">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you guys for all the advice... Questions: 1. What was the one thing that you guys REALLY focused on, but realized actually wasn't that serious? 2. I live in maryland, but am getting married in Vegas (like 20-30 people).. what suggestions do you have. I am a very detailed person and to plan this away is really making me feel like I am going to miss a lot of little things.. What adviice do you guys have that had destination weddings? 3. If you had to do it all again, would you buy a very expensive dress.. or how do you guys feel about going to the sites like (recyclebride, or preowned wedding dresses, or oncewed)..to buy a dress.??? If you have done that, how did it work out for you? 4. Is it really important to get BP together and do things early out, or not really. I feel like I want to make decisions (like their dresses) asap and then we don't have to stress over it. But maybe that's just something I am pushing for that really doesn't need to be done at 11months????
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

Since everyone else seems to be gone and I missed out on all the fun of this post having the last wedding of our month, I'll take on your questions!

1. One thing I focused on that wasn't that serious: Nothing, really. I like to think that I wasn't a bridezilla until the last week, when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to pack everything before the wedding.

2. I had a destination. Granted, mine was only a state away (I live in Phoenix, got married in San Diego). I would suggest taking the week before the wedding off if possible. I didn't initially, though I ended up taking several days off at the last minute because I was so stressed about packing stuff for the wedding and HM. Make the most out of your trips out there when you visit. I packed in 20 venue visits in a 3 day weekend one weekend, and met with 6 vendors for 1-2 hr meetings another weekend. Puzzling in the meetinsg when you go is key.

3.  I got my dress at David's Bridal.  I paid $800 for it and feel that it was worth it.  I could've waited and paid sale price for it, since it went on sale 3 months before the wedding, but I loved my dress and didn't feel like $800 was over the top. 

4.  Our bridal party never met before the wedding, if that's what you're asking.   We were pretty lax with our BP actually.  The girls ordered their dresses in March, and that was cutting it close, actually.  If you end up having them order Bill Levkoff dresses, have them order earlier than March!  Those things took FOREVER to come in.  They got them 3 weeks before the wedding.  Our guys ordered their tuxes 2 weeks prior with no problems...other than me stressing out about it not getting done of course. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:67b5e3da-bd0c-4344-ac35-c9905ee3ed2a">Re:July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Best place to Honeymoon in July?
    Posted by trent13[/QUOTE]

BORA BORA!!!  The weather was PERFECT.  It wasn't humid AT ALL and we only had rain 1 night for about 10 minutes.  Plus, it was beautiful and romantic and secluded.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:96269eb4-197e-41eb-a02b-b941eba0c8a6">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many seats did you set up for your ceremony? For example, if you were expecting 100 people to attend, did you set up 100 seats? More? And how did you and your FI (now DH!!) keep from being miserably sweaty?
    Posted by AmJam04[/QUOTE]

we had 60 people, we had 70 chairs set up. 
    H had a hanky to wipe sweat (he sweats a lot).  Baby powder between the thighs for me.  Also, I wish I would've work my hair up instead of down. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:70f99381-fb4d-444a-87f8-67ec20b9c47e">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of you who had outdoor weddings, how did you go about hiding yourself until it was time to walk down the aisle?  We are considering having our ceremony at a park and I'm trying to figure out where I would come from.  I think it would be kind of weird for the bride to make a long trek with everyone looking at her before actually getting to the aisle.  Anybody use a tent or something similar?  Thanks :):):)
    Posted by b14eeyore[/QUOTE]

We had our pics at separate times.  Our photographers knew where each of us were, so they kept the guys and gals separate.  The guys were issued out to the ceremony before the girls were even let out of the hotel that we were at.  I suppose it would be different in a park.  Maybe you could wait in a fancy car?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:360db17d-64f0-4701-89a2-6ec9f84c65fd">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess this is more about the WP more so than B&G, but I think y'all could give some good insight. How did +1s of groomsmen/bridesmaids fair throughout the evening? More than likely all of FI's groomsmen will be bringing their SOs as a +1 and while I know most, it is likely that at least one +1 will know no one at the wedding other than her date. How did you all handle the +1s of the WP? Did they hang around before the wedding started, during pictures after the wedding, etc? How/where did you seat them?
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

Our +1s did not hang out with the BP before the wedding.  We had it at a hotel though, so the SOs just stayed in their rooms I guess. We sat them all at a table together, so at least they had something in common.  They actually all got along really well leading up to the wedding, so they kind of knew eachother come wedding day since we were there all weekend hanging out together.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:d2806c9a-67a5-447d-8083-85516b984d9d">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have more!! Did any of you have a separate dress for the reception? How were the logistics and timing of changing into it? Cocktail hour - did you get to enjoy it at all, or were you getting photos taken the whole time?
    Posted by missquela[/QUOTE]

I only had 1 dress.  We didn't attend cocktail hour, but they had drinks and apps waiting for us at the head table when we got there.
  • Question: I am the MOH for my sisters wedding. When discussing her bachelorette party she wants to hire a stylist to do pinup hair and makeup for our group of 8. This could be very expensive. When it comes to the cost of this, is this something I can ask her to cover or is this something he rest of us should cover? What other suggestions do u have to approach this?
  • Thank you soo much for your input. I appreciate it.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:06da30a8-48ba-4b3c-995f-aa7efbce01ea">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything! :   Since everyone else seems to be gone and I missed out on all the fun of this post having the last wedding of our month, I'll take on your questions! 1. One thing I focused on that wasn't that serious: Nothing, really. I like to think that I wasn't a bridezilla until the last week, when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to pack everything before the wedding. 2. I had a destination. Granted, mine was only a state away (I live in Phoenix, got married in San Diego). I would suggest taking the week before the wedding off if possible. I didn't initially, though I ended up taking several days off at the last minute because I was so stressed about packing stuff for the wedding and HM. Make the most out of your trips out there when you visit. I packed in 20 venue visits in a 3 day weekend one weekend, and met with 6 vendors for 1-2 hr meetings another weekend. Puzzling in the meetinsg when you go is key. 3.  I got my dress at David's Bridal.  I paid $800 for it and feel that it was worth it.  I could've waited and paid sale price for it, since it went on sale 3 months before the wedding, but I loved my dress and didn't feel like $800 was over the top.  4.  Our bridal party never met before the wedding, if that's what you're asking.   We were pretty lax with our BP actually.  The girls ordered their dresses in March, and that was cutting it close, actually.  If you end up having them order Bill Levkoff dresses, have them order earlier than March!  Those things took FOREVER to come in.  They got them 3 weeks before the wedding.  Our guys ordered their tuxes 2 weeks prior with no problems...other than me stressing out about it not getting done of course. :)
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. What was the one thing that you guys REALLY focused on, but realized actually wasn't that serious?

I tried to keep everything in perspective and realized that no one really cares about anything at the wedding as much as I did.  All those little details, while some people will notice them and tell you how awesome they are, won't really be missed if you don't do them.  Not that you shouldn't have details that make the wedding you - but just know that if they don't get done, you're probably the only one who will notice.

2. I live in maryland, but am getting married in Vegas (like 20-30 people).. what suggestions do you have. I am a very detailed person and to plan this away is really making me feel like I am going to miss a lot of little things.. What adviice do you guys have that had destination weddings?

Sorry...I won't be much help on this one...but again, the above advice could be fitting...

3. If you had to do it all again, would you buy a very expensive dress.. or how do you guys feel about going to the sites like (recyclebride, or preowned wedding dresses, or oncewed)..to buy a dress.??? If you have done that, how did it work out for you?

IMO, I would buy a cheaper dress than I bought.  I spent about $900 on my dress and veil and $200 in alterations, which $1100 was quite a big chunk of the budget I was given from my parents.  I absolutely love my dress.  But last night I was finally putting it away, and I was thinking, "What am I going to do with this now?".  I sort of wish I had gotten something cheaper and saved my parents the expense.  There are soooooo many dresses that are flattering and will make you feel perfect.

4. Is it really important to get BP together and do things early out, or not really. I feel like I want to make decisions (like their dresses) asap and then we don't have to stress over it. But maybe that's just something I am pushing for that really doesn't need to be done at 11months????

I'm of the opinion that the earlier you start things, the better.  That being said, we only had 2 each in our wedding party, and I found an off the rack dress I wanted them to wear, so we pushed things off for a little while.  11 months is a little ways out, so if there are other things you want to think about, you have plenty of time for BP things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:88c8e6e8-59e4-4a97-a2e2-98c47afc64ba">Re:July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question: I am the MOH for my sisters wedding. When discussing her bachelorette party she wants to hire a stylist to do pinup hair and makeup for our group of 8. This could be very expensive. When it comes to the cost of this, is this something I can ask her to cover or is this something he rest of us should cover? What other suggestions do u have to approach this?
    Posted by nmwalberg[/QUOTE]

Just because she wants it, does not mean it has to happen.  And if she does insist she's being rude and you have every right to tell her she's being rude.  But depending on your relationship, I may not do that in such a blunt way.

That being said, if you're throwing her the party she pays for NOTHING when you go anywhere.  Talk to the other girls (seems like a small party so this should be easy to get all the girls input) and see what they think about paying to have their hair and makeup done like that.

Personally, I'd say no because I'll already be paying to have my hair done once for the wedding and wouldn't want it done twice, especially in a specific style, but ask them anyways.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • 1. What was the one thing that you guys REALLY focused on, but realized actually wasn't that serious?

Good lord, just about everything hahaha! Ok jk, but I'm a really indecisive person so planning was a little tough for me lol. I don't know that I really focused on something really hardcore.. it was more like I took forever to make final decisions. I would research everything and look for allll options possible and THEN decide. I always work this way and prefer it, but there were some things I should have just done immediately instead of wasting time looking for other options "just in case" when in the end I'd go back to my initial plan anyway.

2. If you had to do it all again, would you buy a very expensive dress.. or how do you guys feel about going to the sites like (recyclebride, or preowned wedding dresses, or oncewed)..to buy a dress.??? If you have done that, how did it work out for you?

I don't know about using websites. I think we had 2 or 3 ladies that ordered online and it went really well for them. Personally I wouldn't be able to handle it, but everyone is different. As for prices, expensive dresses are gorgeous, but as you already know.. it doesn't just end there. There's alterations, jewelry, shoes, accessories.. I mean the expenses will keep adding up. You could also always get a cheaper dress and get extra alterations. IMO an intermediate is best when it comes to how much you should pay for a dress. :)

3. Is it really important to get BP together and do things early out, or not really. I feel like I want to make decisions (like their dresses) asap and then we don't have to stress over it. But maybe that's just something I am pushing for that really doesn't need to be done at 11months????

I say it's best to get things out early especially if your WP is more than 3 people. When you're doing things 11, 10 months out, it allows you to take it easy and have fun with it. When it's the opposite and you're cutting close at 4-6 months... there's no time to play around, look at all your options, then you have to be on top of everyone constantly etc etc.
    You can also explan this to your girls so they don't think you're becoming a psycho bridezilla. Since you're so far out, you have time to have fun with this part of planning and actually get to enjoy it with your girls!

4. Question: I am the MOH for my sisters wedding. When discussing her bachelorette party she wants to hire a stylist to do pinup hair and makeup for our group of 8. This could be very expensive. When it comes to the cost of this, is this something I can ask her to cover or is this something he rest of us should cover? What other suggestions do u have to approach this?

I have absolutely no advice for this, but it sounds kind of crazy! Maybe your sister isn't actually aware of the costs?? Hopefully someone else can help you out with this. But I'm a DIY girl and I think it would be more fun to dress each other up. There's lots of videos out there for pin up/ retro hair and makeup! But that's just me... good luck!!
  • Hmmm, wonder if anyone is actually still around. For out of town guests, did you do gift bags at their hotels? If so, what did you have in them?

Those planning from out of town, did you sign on with vendors without meeting them? How did you decide?

I have more questions, but cant think of anymore right now, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:37b92826-4cb7-4daa-80ef-eb1bd1eae317">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm, wonder if anyone is actually still around. For out of town guests, did you do gift bags at their hotels? If so, what did you have in them?   Those planning from out of town, did you sign on with vendors without meeting them? How did you decide? I have more questions, but cant think of anymore right now, lol.
    Posted by shilotony2012[/QUOTE]

1) We thought about doing the OOT bags, but it wasn't in the budget...it's a nice touch...but not a necessity....If you decide to do them the things we would have put in them: 2 bottles of water, our favorite cookie, pack of gum, mints & a little travel size tylenol/advil as well as a welcome letter giving them information on the area, the couple, etc. 

2)  We planned from OOT...Yes, we signed without meeting our photographer, DJ, and ceremony musicians...Everyone else we had met or known before the wedding.

3) How did we decide on vendors?? Lots & lots of research!  We had a general idea of where we wanted to get married, it was just emailing/calling various vendors to get information.  We mailed checks, got receipts/copies of contracts, etc.  It was pretty painless..I was completely happy with everything we chose.

Also, for the person who asked about hair/make-up for the b-party....I think the individual person should pay for it and have the option to opt out...the MOH shouldn't have to pay for everyone...but everyone should chip in for the bride...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:4e0ddd8c-6b7a-4955-9b90-96491672d8c5">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything! : 1) We thought about doing the OOT bags, but it wasn't in the budget...it's a nice touch...but not a necessity....If you decide to do them the things we would have put in them: 2 bottles of water, our favorite cookie, pack of gum, mints & a little travel size tylenol/advil as well as a welcome letter giving them information on the area, the couple, etc.  2)  We planned from OOT...Yes, we signed without meeting our photographer, DJ, and ceremony musicians...Everyone else we had met or known before the wedding. 3) How did we decide on vendors?? Lots & lots of research!  We had a general idea of where we wanted to get married, it was just emailing/calling various vendors to get information.  We mailed checks, got receipts/copies of contracts, etc.  It was pretty painless..I was completely happy with everything we chose. Also, for the person who asked about hair/make-up for the b-party....I think the individual person should pay for it and have the option to opt out...the MOH shouldn't have to pay for everyone...but everyone should chip in for the bride...
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• This was in August... but maybe someone is still reading this :)

I have a question too. We got engaged end of July 2012 and just booked a venue for end of July 2013. Everyone keeps asking me if I did this and that already. Dress seems to be a big one. But I want to wait with the dress until I lost wait and for now I am just focussing on a wedsite (for friends and family comeing from abroad). I will look into vendors etc probably starting in November. Does that still seem reasonable? It seems like all the Wedding Checklists (also here on the knot) make me look like I am way behind. I am usually very organized and don't feel very stressed about things at all right now, but people keep asking and make me unease.... 

When did you do your major planning? (There are plenty of tradeshows coming up in November, but then there are also several in January. Should I wait to see all?) And when did you start to get stressed?

Thank you so much!!

Best wishes, 
    Meike 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:7aff3dc1-cbee-4d79-b35f-0016193227d3">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This was in August... but maybe someone is still reading this :) I have a question too. We got engaged end of July 2012 and just booked a venue for end of July 2013. Everyone keeps asking me if I did this and that already. Dress seems to be a big one. But I want to wait with the dress until I lost wait and for now I am just focussing on a wedsite (for friends and family comeing from abroad). I will look into vendors etc probably starting in November. Does that still seem reasonable? It seems like all the Wedding Checklists (also here on the knot) make me look like I am way behind. I am usually very organized and don't feel very stressed about things at all right now, but people keep asking and make me unease....  When did you do your major planning? (There are plenty of tradeshows coming up in November, but then there are also several in January. Should I wait to see all?) And when did you start to get stressed? Thank you so much!! Best wishes,  Meike 
    Posted by MeikeS[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi Meike,</div><div>
    </div><div>My fiance and I got engaged the beginning of August 2013 and we've been trying to get stuff organized ever since. We're working on nailing down our last vendor and working on some smaller details. I'm generally try to be super organized and I stress out really easily, that's why we started planning early. I guess its all about your personality. </div><div>
    </div><div>Keep in mind that dresses do take a long time to come in. Think I ordered my dress the beginning of September and it's not coming in until January. </div><div>
    </div><div>Hope this helps!

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_july-12-brides-invasion-ask-us-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:1e653767-d303-4542-a68f-284ac39018a5Post:7aff3dc1-cbee-4d79-b35f-0016193227d3">Re: July '12 Brides Invasion: Ask Us Anything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This was in August... but maybe someone is still reading this :) I have a question too. We got engaged end of July 2012 and just booked a venue for end of July 2013. Everyone keeps asking me if I did this and that already. Dress seems to be a big one. But I want to wait with the dress until I lost wait and for now I am just focussing on a wedsite (for friends and family comeing from abroad). I will look into vendors etc probably starting in November. Does that still seem reasonable? It seems like all the Wedding Checklists (also here on the knot) make me look like I am way behind. I am usually very organized and don't feel very stressed about things at all right now, but people keep asking and make me unease....  When did you do your major planning? (There are plenty of tradeshows coming up in November, but then there are also several in January. Should I wait to see all?) And when did you start to get stressed? Thank you so much!! Best wishes,  Meike 
    Posted by MeikeS[/QUOTE]

I got engaged in July 2012 for a July 2013 wedding too.  Dresses can take a while to come in and then you may need alterations.  I was told that I should order by the end of this month (November) to make sure everything is done in time for mid-July 2013 wedding. 

Most dresses are designed to be able to go up or down a size in alterations, so if you plan on losing weight you could just order a size smaller than what fits you now and then do alterations to take it in more (or let it out if you need to) depending on how much weight you lose.
  • How did you wear your hair for a July wedding? I've always dreamed of wearing my down in loose curls but am afraid of the humidity!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DId anyone have an Americana or Fourth of July themed wedding? Looking for cute ideas - specifically non-flower centerpieces. thanks!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• how did your day of schedule work out?  how far before the wedding did you start getting ready?  was there anything youdefintiely did not allot enough time for or had too much time for on your schedule?
  • How did you wear your hair for a July wedding? I've always dreamed of wearing my down in loose curls but am afraid of the humidity!
    I wore my hair half up, half down.  It dropped a little, but I also got married in San Diego when my hair is used to dry Phoenix heat and zero humidity.  I will say though, even though it was only 75 degrees, it was HOT with my hair down and a big dress.  
  • how did your day of schedule work out?  how far before the wedding did you start getting ready?  was there anything youdefintiely did not allot enough time for or had too much time for on your schedule?
    We got back to the hotel from brunch at noon, and our photographers wanted us ready at 3.  I thought it was plenty of time, and had a relaxing enjoyable time.  There wasn't much rush.  Our pictures post ceremony were a little rushed, and I would've liked more time for those.  We only had about 45 minutes between ceremony and reception entrance.  We took pictures with the bridal party beforehand, but it would've been nice to have more time of just us together.  
  • My ceremony was at 6:30pm and we started getting ready at 1130am. There were 5 bridesmaids and 2 moms to get through hair and makeup. We didn't take pics before, but wish we would have taken our brodesmaids pics before the ceremony because we were so rushed between the ceremony and cocktail hour
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @ivissers that is helpful! My ceremony is at seven and our hair/makeup person is coming at noon - so we'll be there at 11:30. Glad to know that puts me in the correct start - end times!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards