October 2013 Weddings

Intro--Another newbie

Hi all--
I was alerted to my poor manners in not introducing myself, so here I am:

Screen Name:  FLDiver

Significant Other's Age: 50

What You Do:  HR/Payroll IT Stuff

What SO Does: IT Stuff

State of Relationship: Engaged since May 2012.

How Long You've Been Together: Since 2007....6 years-ish (hey, I don't do change easily).

How You Met:  Scuba Diving, via another online chat forum dedicated to diving.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10/19/13

Real Babies: Hell no (Well, he has grown ones; I just get to go straight to the fun grandma stuff).

Fur Babies: two Doxies, Saba and Bones; one half-feral cat, Jasper.  Once I get familiar with posting, I'll attempt some pics.  They are, of course, the most adorable puppies in the whole universe.  

Loves: Well.......diving :) Reading, travelling (yes, usually dive related).  Oh, and wine.  Lots of wine. I am a self admitted wino.

Hates: Hipsters; fakes; fungus and mold (also known as the foods mushrooms and bleu cheese. Yuck).

Pet Peeves: Idiotic drivers; bad grammar.

Hobbies/Activities:  Ummm.....diving (is there an echo in here?).

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  His sense of humor; he tempers my difficult side.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He can be a video game addict.

Describe Your Personality: Much too high strung for my own good, but would like to think I've learned to be laid back at the right time. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4 1/2 ish.  I enjoy a well written barb; I'm just not so eloquent at it myself.

I've Been On TK Since: Probably 2011? (See below)

How You Came to Be On TK: I was my sister's maid of honor and made an account so I could look at pretty pictures for ideas for her wedding.

How I like my potatoes: baked, then made into mashed with piles of butter and sour cream.  Bacon bits are nasty.

Favorite book/author: Hmm....my copy of Steven King's The Stand is in tatters; Kathy Reich's Bones series; Carl Hiassen; anything by Sarah Addison Allen 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm 38 and actually never been engaged or married before. Yes, really.  I grew up in Northern Virginia, but hightailed it for Florida the minute I was out of college and I've been here since. I prefer a hurricane to a tornado or snow storm any day of the week.

Re: Intro--Another newbie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards