Wedding Woes
Options

It's Friday

Watcha doing this weekend?

Our a/c decided to stop working yesterday so it's going to be awesome.  Well, at least it won't be 90.  We're going swimming with MIL today.  Tomorrow is a bday party and Sunday is still unknown.  Well, probably getting propane since that ran out while I was grilling turkey burgers last night.  Of course it was turkey burgers that you can't exactly serve still pink.

I am hoping to get a booze recipe from my mom.  If that comes through the highlight of my weekend will include a fifth of gin.

Re: It's Friday

• Options
    I am leaving around noon:thirty to go home, pack and get the heck out of dodge. This weekend is "dress party" with BFF.  I will most likely spend the weekend giving minor therapy, handling internal drama with BFF and drinking away our supposed woes.  I told H that "handling" BFF is second nature now and anything crazy for anyone else is no big deal for me.  It's sad, and true.

I still love my BFF, like a sister, so its worth it.  I can still vent though. I'm sure I'll have a few stories.

• Options
    What's up for this weekend. No frickin' idea :D
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Nothing much planned for the weekend. I've been itching to do another project around the house, but I'm not sure what I want to do.  Paint the kitchen?  Paint, re-floor and spruce up the laundry room?  I'm also falling out of love with our bedroom color - painted only 18 months ago.
  • Options
    We're going to Mammoth Cave and then spending the night in Louisville and going to the slugger museum.  DefConn's staying with my parents.
  • Options
    We're taking the weekend off from wedding stuff - going fishing in Cape May...

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @tawillers- I keep remodeling our kitchen in my mind.  We don't have the money, but a girl can dream.  I really need to hang pictures.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013

Our cabinets are still in great shape - the previous owners re-did the kitchen in 2008.  So all I really need to do is rip the ugly chair rail off the wall, paint, and I'd like new knobs for the cabinets and drawers.  Oh, and paint the trim around the two windows.

It would definitely pacify me for a while, but I hate the color-choosing process.

• Options
    we were supposed to go floating tomorrow and then game day, but I'm not feeling the floating thing. It's such an awesome opportunity (one of the local camping stores brings out all of their new kayaks and canoes for your to use. Yeah, they're trying to get you to buy them, but there's no pressure for buying, they just let you try all their stuff) I hate to let it go to waste. But I really really really really really want to sleep in tomorrow.
  • Options
    @VarunaTT

We're supposed to go tubing next weekend, I hope the weather is still good then.  It seems that whenever we've had plans for outdoor recreation it rains craaaazy.
  • Options
    It's been raining here too. It rained something fierce last night, but I think the water will have gone down enough to still go. We've had a few group outings planned that had to be cancelled b/c of high water.
  • Options
    I think it's going to be a lazy weekend for us, which is VERY welcomed.

Our local grocery has mussels on sale. I might pick some up and attempt steamed mussels for dinner. I'm excited.

• Options
    I'm tired. DH is picking up DS and I'm planning on skipping out of work a bit early to get a pedicure. Tomorrow is chore/errand day then I leave on Sunday for a "quick" trip to Peoria, IL (be jealous!) to basically check up on someone.
  • Options

I have to buy a wedding gift at Macys, and continue my search for a dress. I'm going to a friend's house to see her new kitchen redo tonight and she said she's going to feed me and give me a fruity cocktail.

My sister is having a garage sale tomorrow so I'm going with my bag of stuff to try and sell. I'm hoping for $20, baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards