Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

wedding

Not sure if I'm placing in the right spot but in need of advice.

We have moved our wedding up to July 29th because of my fathers health and he wants to see me in my white dress. We are planning on just doing something small with 30 people in our back yard. We have been told that its not going to be a nice wedding so how can i make it nice. What are things i can do to make it nice?

Re: wedding

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Not sure if I'm placing in the right spot but in need of advice. We have moved our wedding up to July 29th because of my fathers health and he wants to see me in my white dress. We are planning on just doing something small with 30 people in our back yard. We have been told that its not going to be a nice wedding so how can i make it nice. What are things i can do to make it nice?

Who's telling you it won't be nice?

Serve plenty of food, have plenty of drinks available (non-alcoholic is fine), have plenty of seating for everyone, and have a back up plan in case of inclement weather.

Smile, and be a gracious hostess to your guests.

That should do it.

• edited June 2013
    Yeah...who are these Debbie Downers telling you that?? Are they upset because you're not getting married in a church? We just got married last weekend in my parents' backyard at their farm - it was bigger than what you're planning (70 ppl), but it was absolutely gorgeous and I wouldn't have changed a thing. We rented a tent and hung up paper lanterns in our colors. We didn't, but some outdoor brides also decorate tress with lanterns or lights. Our tables had centerpieces with wildflower arrangements that matched the setting. You can make things a little more "formal" with your choice of tableware, table coverings, and what you serve to eat. But PPs are right - as long as you have enough food, drink, seats, and a rain plan, the wedding will be a success! 

ETA: I don't know if you have, but you might also try posting this (label your post's title with "XP," so people know it's been cross-posted) in Outdoor Weddings or Reception Ideas, too.
    Anniversary
  • Don't invite whoever told you that. ;)

^^^ What they said ^^^

Just make sure you can take into account bad weather - have plenty of chairs - good food - good drinks - good music.  It will be lovely!

• I also think it sounds lovely.  And, please!  Tell us who is being so rude!

• Whoever told you that is rude.

Provide enough tables and chairs for your guests. Serve food that's appropriate for the time of day - if you're having a cake and punch reception, have it at 2pm, if you're wedding is later in the day, serve enough to make up a meal. Use common sense and consideration for your guests and you can't go wrong.

• One of my bridesmaids had a backyard wedding, and it was one of my favorite weddings. Don't let those people make you feel like your wedding will be less-than. As long as you properly host your guests, it will be lovely!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I don't really have anything to add except that the someone who told you that is a jerk. Backyard weddings are perfectly fine! You're marrying the person you love and hopefully you plan to take care of your guests - how in the world is that not nice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards