October 2013 Weddings

Receiving Line or Table Visits?

Just wondering, mainly because I'm not sure what we're going to do...are you doing a receiving line or table visits? I'm considering doing both to make sure we see everyone and so I can get down to dancing quicker. What are your thoughts/plans?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Receiving Line or Table Visits?

• Both.

We are having what is probably considered a "large" wedding, and I can't imagine not doing a receiving line to thank all of our guests for coming.  As for table visits, I also can't imagine not visiting everyone at the reception. So, both.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Table visit.  That's the plan as it stands right now.
  • Table visits. Our ceremony is at a garden so a receiving line would be weird. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we are doing a receiving line after the ceremony, because we'll be gone taking pictures for the start of the cocktail hour and there isn't a transition between the cocktail hour and reception because it's all in the same room. (the ceremony is at a different location)

We will plan on catching everyone when they leave the ceremony, and we are planning on getting back for some of the cocktail hour so we will mix and mingle then too before dinner.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• @ alisonmari658 That's a great idea!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EmilyTork said:
    Table visits. Our ceremony is at a garden so a receiving line would be weird. 
    Ditto this.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • table visits. we are going to try to hit sunset photos so if we tried to do a receiving line; we will miss the sun set at another location.
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Table visits. We'll probably take a few minutes to grab a snack then go visit while people are eating or something.

• Table visits. I don't like waiting in line for something unless it's something awesome, like DisneyWorld. So, I'm not going to make our guests wait in line. (This will be a shocker to my mom, I think, since although I've told her that we're not doing one, she thinks it's rude if we don't. Uh.... yea..... We're going to run away from the ceremony and have a few minutes of "HOORAY we just got married" alone time. And then take more pictures.)

For those of you doing a receiving line, are you including your WP & parents?
  • Both. There will be people that don't make the ceremony so I'd want to make sure we hit every one at the reception.

• It will just be us and our parents, no wedding party.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Table visits........hopefully after we eat? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EmilyTork said:
    Table visits. Our ceremony is at a garden so a receiving line would be weird. 
    Ditto this.  

me too
  • With 230+ guests I think a receiving line would just make people annoyed and impatient. I want them to be able to get some food and drinks ASAP. Since the ceremony & reception are at the same place and we're doing our photos prior to the ceremony, we'll be able to mingle during cocktail hour and talk to a lot of people then. Then we'll visit tables during dinner for anyone we missed I guess.
  • Thanks for the feedback and ideas! I think I'll end up doing both table visits and some sort of informal receiving line with just me & FI... the ceremony is at my parent's house so I'm sure we can somehow make this work. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards