Nevada-Las Vegas

Fun Photo Ops for 'Trash the Dress' shoot

JiimanieJiimanie member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
edited June 2013 in Nevada-Las Vegas
So I've been talking to my guests who have RSVP'd about plans for our time in Vegas and we keep coming up with fun places where I'd love to have my photo taken wearing my wedding dress but that won't  fit into my actual wedding day so I'm thinking of doing a 'trash the dress' photo shoot! It will be more of a whole day wandering around Vegas in my dress (most likely the day after my wedding) getting photos taken by my friends, and right now I'm quite excited at the prospect! I don't actually want to trash my dress (no throwing paint on it or anything) but I thought that the idea was similar to that of a ttd shoot. The places/action shots I have in mind to take the photos include:

- Riding the NYNY rollercoaster
- Fremont Street / Downtown neon signs
- Maybe doing the zip-wire at Fremont street (!)
- Eating burgers / drinking shakes in a diner (maybe Roxy's in Stratosphere)
- Riding X Scream at the top of Stratosphere, before burgers of course!
- Photos on top of Stratosphere with strip views in the background
- A line-up photo at the Mob museum (and maybe in the electric chair)

Whilst I would have loved to do this at the Neon Museum, I think this is a much better use of our time, much more fun, and a whole lot cheaper!

I'd love to hear any other suggestions you may have!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
   UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!

Re: Fun Photo Ops for 'Trash the Dress' shoot

• I love that mob museum pic

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Me too! I want a photo there now!
  • How about Gondolas at the Venetian?
  • EmiliaC01 Yes Gondolas would be awesome! Thanks :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those all sound like great ideas! I'm not a fan of actually trashing the dress, but your ideas sound perfect and fun! 
  • The mob museum pic is great think ill need to visit there now. What about indoor skydiving http://www.vegasindoorskydiving.com/
  • Indoor skydiving is a great suggestion, thanks! Although having done a real skydive I don't think it would be quite the same! Plus, I want my dress to be on show in all the photos. Might be a great idea for other brides though :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AMS482AMS482 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    There's bungee jumping off the Stratosphere as well.  Walking thru the dusty Retired Lion Habitat by the M Resort would certainly help trash the dress. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah I did see that bungee jumping, it looks much slower than normal bungee jumping so appeals to me! It's on the 'maybe' list!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Perhaps the Neon Boneyard?
  • We had considered that as I said in my first post, but it is too expensive and instead we can do all of these other places for cheaper and can incorporate all of our friends on a fun day out around Vegas :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about Madame Tussauds at the Venetian?  The half price show ticket booths usually have discounts.  Usually they have one or two wax figures outside too and you can take pics for free!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Oooh the free pics outside are defo on the list! Thanks :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards