Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Need song for daddy/daughter dance

My fiance has a 10 y/o and we are looking to do a mother/son & father/daughter dance for us but then he wants to do a daddy/father dance for them too.  I don't want something that is going to be too much and not like it's her wedding... suggestions?

Re: Need song for daddy/daughter dance

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    bike4life said:
    My fiance has a 10 y/o and we are looking to do a mother/son & father/daughter dance for us but then he wants to do a daddy/father dance for them too.  I don't want something that is going to be too much and not like it's her wedding... suggestions?

You're right. It's too much.

The most I'd do is have her come up during the last 30 seconds or so of your first dance and dance with the two of you.

• I think this would be weird. It's not her wedding and would look creepy to me. Have her be a bridesmaid or stand on her father's side and leave it at that. 
  • The intent is very sweet but trust your instincts - it's too much. Get her involved in other ways. I promise she won't miss this part. It's your time together as a couple.
    *********************************************************************************

• Have FH request a song during the night and they can dance together then - they can have their own special moment without it being in the spotlight.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • At my friends wedding she danced with her dad to "My Little Girl" from Tim McGraw; and at the last verse her husband brought there 3-yr old daughter to the floor and danced with her along with bride & her dad.  It was really cute.

Anniversary
  • Yep, your instincts are good. For one thing, no one likes to watch a ton of spotlight dances. A few are fine, and I think most guests know to expect the first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dances. Anything beyond that risks going on too long for your guests. I've also never seen a wedding do a spotlight dance with the bride or groom and their own child. 

There are all sorts of ways to include her. She could be a bridesmaid, or even stand up on her father's side (I stood by my father when he got remarried). If not, she could do a reading. She can still dance with her father at the reception, but it doesn't have to be a spotlight dance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards