May 2014 Weddings
Options

Bridesmaid Dress Cost

Just wanted to know what people though was a good price for nice bridesmaid dress? I have started the search and everything I like is $180-$200. All of my girls, except one said to pick what I like. The other just said she did not want to pay $200 for a dress she will wear once. However, I really want the dresses to be nice and unique looking. Need some advice and thoughts on this:)

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Cost

• Options
    Clearly one of your bridesmaids wants to keep it lower than $200, which means you need to keep it under $200 after taxes.  It's her money.

Ask the others what the most they want to spend is.  If they all still say that they don't care that's fine, but if somebody says something lower than $200 you have to work with that.  Yes, even if it's $100.

The only way around this is if you are willing to pay for a dress that they are comfortable wearing that is more than that.  (Ie. no strapless if somebody says they wouldn't be comfortable without straps.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want something unique and budget friendly, I suggest department stores. You can get a top designer dress for under $200 as opposed to a bridesmaid dress. They often come in a range of colors and styles, and are much more unique than a typical bridesmaids dress.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Just wanted to know what people though was a good price for nice bridesmaid dress? I have started the search and everything I like is $180-$200. All of my girls, except one said to pick what I like. The other just said she did not want to pay $200 for a dress she will wear once. However, I really want the dresses to be nice and unique looking. Need some advice and thoughts on this:)
    I'm with her; $200 is a lot for something she's only going to wear once. You should ask each girl privately what her budget is and stick to the lowest budget. Nice does not automatically = expensive.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to give an update. I found my dress yesterday and selected bridesmaid dresses and they are $150 and all my girls are thrilled and excited! Thanks for the advice! I selected a dress that worked with one of my girls budget concerns but it is also just as I pictured it. 
  • Options
    clharrison2 said:
    Just wanted to give an update. I found my dress yesterday and selected bridesmaid dresses and they are $150 and all my girls are thrilled and excited! Thanks for the advice! I selected a dress that worked with one of my girls budget concerns but it is also just as I pictured it. 
    That's great!  Do you know what designer/style was picked?  I'm always curious about these sorts of things!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Its an allure bridesmaid style 1308. I am still deciding on colors. Very cute dresses!
  • Options
    They're very pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards