New York-New York City

venue for 100-150 people

Hi,
My FI and I are looking for a place to have a ceremony and reception all in one place. We have between 100-150 people and are wanting to keep it between 15k and 20k at the max! Are there any places that this is even possible??? We are willing to go out to LI if we have to. Queens would be ideal though. We want to do a cocktail hour and dinner. Thanks for your help!

Re: venue for 100-150 people

• Douglaston Manor is in Queens and it is beautiful.  Not sure about prices but if you are willing to go off-peak you can have more options. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_venue-for-100-150-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:f3e2a05e-f00e-4272-b2e6-448bdf3bbc07Post:7d7d6887-fb7e-452f-8ee5-0a93f5d80fb2">venue for 100-150 people</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, My FI and I are looking for a place to have a ceremony and reception all in one place. We have between 100-150 people and are wanting to keep it between 15k and 20k at the max! Are there any places that this is even possible??? We are willing to go out to LI if we have to. Queens would be ideal though. We want to do a cocktail hour and dinner. Thanks for your help!
    Posted by nicolelee202[/QUOTE]

If you are open to a non-traditional venue you might want to consider reBar in DUMBO. We're having our ceremony in Brooklyn Bridge Park and our reception there, but you can do both there. They don't do sitdown dinners, but their prices are very reasonable and the food and drinks are amazing! Their packages include DJ and some flowers, plus service, etc. so that really keeps your budget down.
  • CALL PELHAM BAY AND SPLIT ROCK GOLD COURSE ITS REALLY NICE, HAS 1 WEDDING AT A TIME AND HAS AN OUTDOOR CEREMONY SPOT AS WELL. MENU STARTS AT $75 PP AND ITS WELL WORTH IT. ASK FOR TAMMI AND TELL HER ALEXANDRIA WHOSE WEDDING IS 4/26/14 RECOMMENED YOU. THEY ARE WONDERFUL AND YOU WILL LOVE THE PLACE. ITS IN BRONX NY, CLOSER TO NEW ROCHELLE ITS A GEM !
  • plima1plima1 member
    First Comment
    I too am Queens native, looking to find a nice venue within reasonable price that isn't a cliche ballroom. I am looking into Pelham Bay and Split Rock Golf Course too, I love the pavilion that they have! Nice natural lighting and garden scenery :) alext526 Thanks for the tip, I will remember Tammi and you. I'm looking to have a late August or early September wedding, and if they do have the option I may even opt for the buffet style, gotta cut corners where I can!!!

Nicolelee202 if you haven't decided on a place yet, check out Floral Terrace in Floral Park, LI. It's in nassau county and not far at all from Queens! We were quoted $93 (tax included) and came with cocktail hour, two bridal attendants, use of their silk centerpieces for tables and ceremony columns, free seconds for all, open bar, use of all four floors for your day (yours is only wedding), cake, different linen color options, champagne and strawberries for your guests upon arrival, etc. This would have been for a Sunday afternoon wedding (5 hrs) and to have ceremony about $500. Perhaps they would be willing to drop the price if you give them a high minimum (we told Tina 100 max). The building used to be a silent movie theater, so the original architecture is still there in the suites and ballroom. I loved the bridal and groom suites, the ballroom was lovely but ultimately it was too dim and I knew I wanted nice large windows and views of the outside for my space. My heart also settled on an outdoor ceremony (FT only has indoor access). Nonetheless Tina is a very lovely woman who was patient with us, and she knows the deal...people will wanna see other venues, so I think she'd be willing to negotiate with you!
  • Hi Ladies, Thanks for all the responses. I haven't been on here for a long time. So busy planning and working. My FI and I found a place. We booked with Leonard's of Great Neck. I was a little worried about some of the reviews on yelp, however I have spoken with some people who had attended some events there recently and said that it was great. We did our tasting and picked out everything. My FI was able to negotiate a really good deal. $97 with tax included for a Saturday night in October that includes the open bar, 6 choice dinner menu, cocktail hour, and Viennese hour. 6 1/2 hour event including the ceremony. Ceremony is $325 and we are going to have it outdoors unless weather doesn't permit. They have a indoor option. Our Dj we booked with DJ Serge. We still have to book a florist, photographer/ video, and limo. Also chose a hotel for out of town guest. Please let me know if you ladies have anymore great wedding idea's. And happy planning!!
  • Also check out Astoria Manor, Queens
    Snug Harbor, Staten Island
    Elite Palace, Woodside
    Renaissance Event Hall, LIC
  • For a photographer check out www.wearepopstudios.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards