July 2013 Weddings
Options

Tips!

What are you guys tipping for each vendor? I'm starting to put envelopes and cards together and am curious that what everyone's giving!

Re: Tips!

• Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

/Sighs.

Well, I am glad you brought this up - don't judge me but.....tipping the vendors?

I just had FI write the checks when they were due. Can someone please enlighten me on which vendors your tip?

I guess I just thought people you give $10K don't really need a tip? I know, that is awful...so yeah, please share!

• Options
    @drg424 tips are always optional. You usually tip if your vendor did a fantastic job and you want to give them a little something extra but it's not required.

We are tipping the dj, ceremony musician, hair and makeup people and officiant. We will wait to receive our proofs and decide about the photographer since we are already paying for one of the higher end ones.

Well probably give ceremony musician $50 but he only is costing us $250 so it's not a big deal. DJ between $50-$100. Officiant also between $50-$100. She's been fantastic so far. Hair and makeup just doing the typical 20% I would give at my normal hair appointments.

My mom and I are discussing tipping the servers and the two coordinators we've been working with at the venue. They have just been so great through the whole process that I want to thank them for it. For the servers I think it depends how many we have there, and maybe $100 for each coordinator. I figure they really went above and beyond in helping us and have put my mind at ease for the day to go smoothly. Since wedding planners and coordinators cost a ton of money I think we are getting a fantastic deal if we're only spending $200 on our coordinators.
  • Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Thanks, that actually makes sense. And so I should clarify: I was of course going to tip or hair and makeup lady the standard 20 percent, and then it would make sense to tip our DJ. Our officiant is a long time friend of FI and I doubt he'd let us tip him. I agree, I'd like to see my photos before I tip the photographer, and good idea about the venue coordinator!

For some reason, I was thinking the florist and venue itself and that didn't make sense to me. This doesn't seem so out of left field now :)

• Options
    We are tipping the hair/makeup lady, photobooth, officiant, dj, around 50-100$ each. Our venue tip has already been paid with our final payment today!!!
  • Options
    My hair/mu person is the owner of the business and I'm paying $200 for hair, make-up, false eyelashes, and travel fee... do I tip on top of that? She's bringing an assistant for the girls, but they know to tip her.
  • Options
    Yeah it gets really confusing! Personally, I would still tip the hair dresser but that's just me. Even when I get my hair done normally and the person is the owner I would still tip if I'm happy with the result. I'm glad at least the limo price includes the tip. One vendor I don't need to worry about.
  • Options

We will probably be tipping caterer/servers, DOC, and cake baker on the wedding day and then Photographer & Videographer once we get the goods.

The venue already tacks on 20% and I don't feel like they've done anything above and beyond to warrant an extra tip. The officiant, harpist, and dj are all self-employed and I already feel like I'm paying them a ton for their services which they receive 100% of so I probably won't tip them.

I will write everyone thank you notes and stellar reviews (assuming they provide top notch service).  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards