Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Rehearsal ?

Im foreign, but my FI is American. As a guy he has no idea about any wedding traditions. So do we need to have a rehearsal ? From where I come from we dont have one. Theres just a big wedding. We dont have engagement parties, bridal showers or rehearsal dinners. We had an engagement party and all our closest friends and family had a chance to meet. I will have only a made of honor no other bridesmaids, same about my FI. I dont even want a bridal shower as i find it a bit stupid. I dont want people to feel obligated to bring me gifts 5 times before the wedding, I rather to get one, but a good one on our wedding day. So what do you guys think ? 

Thank you

Re: Rehearsal ?

• Since, you dont have a huge wedding party. You can skip the rehersal and rehersal dinner.

You should give a general idea to your attendants...in writing what to expect in a letter.

• Great, thank you for your opinions. 
  • Since, you dont have a huge wedding party. You can skip the rehersal and rehersal dinner.

You should give a general idea to your attendants...in writing what to expect in a letter.

What? 

• It's up to you if you want a rehearsal or not. I'm having a rehearsal so that people know the basics - the order of the processional, how the music will go and how to navigate the venue (it's outside with a couple of winding paths). If you don't think you need one, it's one less thing to worry about.

If you DO have one, you should host a rehearsal dinner or some time appropriate gathering after the rehearsal.
    *********************************************************************************

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Viczaesar said:

Since, you dont have a huge wedding party. You can skip the rehersal and rehersal dinner.

What? 

Double What?

@michellemayawheeler, what on Earth would you need to tell your bridal party in a letter?

You can write them a nice note of thanks to be given the day of the wedding...but an instruction letter? Not necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards