Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal dinner/party

Need suggestions for rehearsal dinner/party in New Orleans/metairie area that will accommodate 50 people and is affordable. Rehearsal is 7/1913.

Has anyone been to Velvet Cactus, NomaMia or Ralphs on the park for private party? How was it?

Re: Rehearsal dinner/party

• I will be doing mine at Rock n' Bowl, but I am not sure of the prices.  I wanted to keep it fun and a bit different. I'm not sure about the other places. Noma Mia is delicious though. 
  • Hi!

We are having our rehearsal at Ralph's on the park because it is close to our ceremony location. The places you mentioned vary in a wide variety of budget and style. I love the velvet cactus for its yummy margaritas, but it is far less formal than Ralphs. Do you know what style/cost you are aiming for?

• My aunt offered to givr rehearsal party at her home. Velvet cactus doesnt do large parties and other places were too expensive.
  • I'm doing mine at Rock n bowl too - its always a great time and not as costly
  • We had about 45 guests and had our Welcome Party (Rehearsal Dinner) at Acme Oyster House upstairs in their private Reef Room.   We had TONS of food for the buffet and open bar all night (although they have several meal/bar options) and thought it was very inexpensive!   People loved the food, the space was beautiful (they decorated with candles and flowers for no additional cost) and we had our own balcony and bartender.   They also had a projector so we had a slide show running all night that was a huge hit!   Everyone had a BLAST and couldn't say enough about the space or the food AND they absolutely LOVED that they got to skip the long line of people and go right in.  They said they felt so VIP. :)  I highly recommend!!
  • Also, check out Antoine's.  We had dinner there (amazing) and they gave us a tour of the building.  We had no idea they have over 15 dining rooms/area of varying sizes, some with a private balcony. Very cool!
  • mcahil1mcahil1 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    We are having ours at Impastato's in Metairie. I am not sure about the price, but I think it is online and contacting them is very easy from what my future MIL said.
  • A friend of mine recently had her rehearsal dinner at Ralph & Kacoo's in the French Quarter and it was fab.  They had a private dining room there and I have to say it was really nice.  The bride was my friend Kim and she said that they are super easy to deal with and it was a no-brainer to plan which was one less thing she had to worry about when it came to wedding planning.  She brought in her own centerpieces and they did a nice little slideshow.  

I do not eat seafood and even though they are known as a seafood restaurant, the steak I had there was probably one of the best steaks I have ever had in my entire life.  The food there was actually superior to their high end catered reception the next night and their service was on point. 

I think we are probably going to be having our welcome dinner there especially since they have a great location right near Jackson Square.  The night we were there they had live dueling pianos in the main dining room/bar area which was great because when the rehearsal dinner was done a bunch of us stayed and hung out at the bar and listened to the live music.
  • I considered Rock N Bowl for my very casual welcome party, but I read that the parties have to be over before the live bands start on Friday and Saturdays.  So then would you have to buy tickets for your guests to see the bands? I don't think I ever contacted them to find out for sure.  I also had never been there and wasn't comfortable sending guests to an unfamiliar neighborhood.

So we went with the Attic at Lucy's Retired Surfer's Bar and it was fantastic. My guests had a blast and I thought the food was really good and different from what we served at the reception.
  • If your guests are in the building when the bands starts, they are in! Just dont leave after ;) RockNBowl is actually right off the interstate and easy to get to from the city. Just dont let your guests wander into the Hollygrove.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards