July 2013 Weddings
Options

Today is his bachelors party

Sigh. We rarely go anywhere without each other. I'm not use to this. Lol. I don't even know what I should be doing with my time. It's hard to do wedding stuff because we have been doing it all together. Anyone else DF have their party tonight?

Re: Today is his bachelors party

• Options
    yep! hes in vegas for the weekend! I worked last night and did a 10 hour shift today so its barley like hes gone... until I try to go to sleep. 
  • Options
    Yea I'm here with our boys and its difficult when they ask about where he is. But so far I'm okay. Just bored. What will it be like sleeping alone? Hmm.
  • Options
    crysspearscrysspears member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    well last night i slept at 2and woke up at 6 (i work at 8 but usually dont get up til 715, so its early for me) and played candy crush. 

our cats didnt even sleep with me.. 
  • Options
    I was tossing and turning all night. Now I'm exhausted and of course my children don't understand that. Lol. But I remained rather calm and I didn't bother him last night at all. He did text me a few times to check up on things. I hope he had fun
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, I know this is awful, but I've actually loved having the alone time, haha! FI went back to his hometown of Fort worth Texas for his bachelor party. They left Thursday night, he's coming back really late tonight. I love having FI around, but also, I love having no one around. I'm selfish and introverted like that. I think he and I have talked twice on the phone the whole time he was gone. I think both of those conversations lasted around 3 minutes. I haven't minded that in the least. I think he's sent me one text. I just know that he's having fun, he's with people he never gets to see, and it's his freaking bachelor party! It's once in a life time! I pretty much knew this was going to happen. ...  it's all good! We're very close, (obviously, we're about to get married, haha!) but also, we're both just very very independent individuals. 
  • Options
    I think what makes it harder for me is my boys. But I know my time is coming. July 4th is my bachelorette party.
  • Options
    dem068dem068 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh my goodness, I know this is awful, but I've actually loved having the alone time, haha! FI went back to his hometown of Fort worth Texas for his bachelor party. They left Thursday night, he's coming back really late tonight. I love having FI around, but also, I love having no one around. I'm selfish and introverted like that. I think he and I have talked twice on the phone the whole time he was gone. I think both of those conversations lasted around 3 minutes. I haven't minded that in the least. I think he's sent me one text. I just know that he's having fun, he's with people he never gets to see, and it's his freaking bachelor party! It's once in a life time! I pretty much knew this was going to happen. ...  it's all good! We're very close, (obviously, we're about to get married, haha!) but also, we're both just very very independent individuals. 
    I totally agree.  I love watching bad reality tv when he is gone and sleep in the middle of the bed :)  It is nice to have a little alone time every once in a while.  I find that I really miss him then and things are extra awesome when he gets back!
  • Options
    Ohhh.. yeah, pam, if I had kids to deal with by myself, that would change things, haha! 

dem, I'm glad that I'm not the only one ;)
  • Options
    My guy had his bachelor party on Saturday too, but my bachelorette party was the same night so I was having fun at the same time.

However, like some PPs have said, I enjoy some time to myself for taking a bath, reading, or watching girly movies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI had his bachelor party in Vegas this weekend, left Friday night and is coming home today! It was nice to have the weekend to just do wedding stuff with my mom and get a bunch done around the house. We also did a girls night out (mom, mom's friend, sister, & sister-in-law) on Saturday so I actually really enjoyed the weekend without him around lol. But I'm sooo ready for him to come home now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

My little homebody, square FI did not want a bacherlor party. He stays pretty close to home, doesn't go out unless I drag him, and can't handle more than two drinks :) It would be pretty funny to see him trying to have fun at a bacherlor party LOL.

That said, mine is next Saturday - woohoo!

We're total opposites in that way, which I think is a good thing. I make him live a little, he keeps me reigned in. @pam, we are hardly ever apart either so I can relate on that one :( Even though I like to be more social than FI, I rarely go anywhere these days without him!

• Options
    I think the FI and I definitely need alone time!! We have been so into planning the wedding that lately it's been working, planning, paying, eating, and sleeping. NO SOCIAL LIFE!!! (Outside of the board of course). So we are looking forward to getting some free time in with our friends. :)
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is gone for the WEEKEND on a camping trip... in the forest... with no cellphones. Ugh!

I am busy with wedding planning and my mile long to-do list.. but I can't help but wonder what they are up to out there.
  • Options
    Well, FI and his guys will be in Vegas for two nights the week of the wedding. I am so excited for him! I really wanted a Vegas bachelorette but things just didn't pan out that way, so I am going to live vicariously through him. Hehe. Anyway, by that point everything wedding planning-related should be done, so I will just be hanging out with our family and friends and waiting for the big day. I told his buddies that I don't care what happens in Vegas as long as he comes home ready to marry me. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards