Pennsylvania
Options

Bear Creek - Give me your input

My fiance and I are seriously considering Bear Creek for our wedding.  We've looked at several places and this is probably the only place we can agree on.  I'd love to hear from people who have had their own weddings there or have attended weddings there as a guest.  Don't hold back, I want to hear anything you have to say, good or bad.

Places we have looked:

Bear Creek - Nice rustic feel with nice outdoor areas.
The Lake House - Very nice and unique, but VERY pricey.
Hotel Bethlehem - Nice, but in an old fashioned kind of way.
Stroudsmoor - Hideous.  Can't see why it gets good reviews.
Woodstone - Nice, but kind of generic.
Riverview CC - Going there this week.

Re: Bear Creek - Give me your input

• Options
    how was the price for riverview cc?
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_bear-creek-give-me-your-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:de184d71-4748-4497-9027-5d9bf40df5f7Post:4fa4bc45-c4d4-44b3-8ece-91b38b0b153e">Bear Creek - Give me your input</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I are seriously considering Bear Creek for our wedding.  We've looked at several places and this is probably the only place we can agree on.  I'd love to hear from people who have had their own weddings there or have attended weddings there as a guest.  Don't hold back, I want to hear anything you have to say, good or bad. Places we have looked: Bear Creek - Nice rustic feel with nice outdoor areas. The Lake House - Very nice and unique, but VERY pricey. Hotel Bethlehem - Nice, but in an old fashioned kind of way. Stroudsmoor - Hideous.  Can't see why it gets good reviews. Woodstone - Nice, but kind of generic. Riverview CC - Going there this week.
    Posted by BvLzCRNA[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_bear-creek-give-me-your-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:624Discussion:de184d71-4748-4497-9027-5d9bf40df5f7Post:a1e36246-c965-4d42-a44c-196972639c9a">Re: Bear Creek - Give me your input</a>:
    [QUOTE]how was the price for riverview cc? In Response to Bear Creek - Give me your input :
    Posted by kerri2513[/QUOTE]

Riverview is pretty reasonable. Everything is ala carte, so it can be as expensive or cheap as you want it to be. The space is nice and I did like their outdoor ceremony site. I think we're going to go with bear creek because I think it suits our needs the best.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_bear-creek-give-me-your-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:624Discussion:de184d71-4748-4497-9027-5d9bf40df5f7Post:f05558b0-5ff6-4c7e-997b-588bbfd8d78c">Re: Bear Creek - Give me your input</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bear Creek - Give me your input :

Riverview is pretty reasonable. Everything is ala carte, so it can be as expensive or cheap as you want it to be. The space is nice and I did like their outdoor ceremony site. I think we're going to go with bear creek because I think it suits our needs the best.

Anyone??
  • Options
    I have not attended a wedding there, but have attended other events and thought everything was nice. I know that my photographer has done a number of weddings at BC and spoke highly of it.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_bear-creek-give-me-your-input?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:624Discussion:de184d71-4748-4497-9027-5d9bf40df5f7Post:ac572bb8-cfc4-4a39-9169-85565230b4fe">Re: Bear Creek - Give me your input</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bear Creek - Give me your input : Anyone??
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    skytop was absolutely beautiful and the wedding planners are AMAZING.  we really considered having our wedding there, but it's out of our price range, and we couldn't justify it.  if we could have afforded it, we would have chosen sky top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards