Ohio-Northeast

The Columbia Ballroom

Began my search for a reception venue by searching through these forums and found this location https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Columbia-Ballroom/108594352503313?sk=photos_stream

My soon to be MIL will be checking out the venue this weekend for us because we live out of town. I'm finding very little info or pictures. Anybody attended a wedding here? 

They will be starting in house caterering next year as well. 

Our other option with very little info out there is the Columbia Hills Country Club.
Any info or experiences would be great to hear Smile
Anniversary

imagebam.com

Re: The Columbia Ballroom

• I'm interested in info on Columbia Hills Country Club as well. I received an email from The Columbia Ballroom this evening but I don't think they're going to be a fit for what I'm looking for.

So yes... if anyone has info on CHCC, I'm interested as well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_the-columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:0dc8d3b5-0042-4b36-b992-be7b3d8d5527Post:5285681b-305f-4d11-aaf7-28005387ae61">Re: The Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm interested in info on Columbia Hills Country Club as well. I received an email from The Columbia Ballroom this evening but I don't think they're going to be a fit for what I'm looking for. So yes... if anyone has info on CHCC, I'm interested as well.
    Posted by wavescrashover[/QUOTE]

I am going to check it out on Thursday. Will let you know what I find/post pictures if I can.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_the-columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:111Discussion:0dc8d3b5-0042-4b36-b992-be7b3d8d5527Post:1ea5ae9d-04e8-48fc-bd3c-2a28077268f2">Re: The Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Columbia Ballroom : I am going to check it out on Thursday. Will let you know what I find/post pictures if I can.
    Posted by ashcolyer[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_the-columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:0dc8d3b5-0042-4b36-b992-be7b3d8d5527Post:12527311-63f7-4608-96e5-fac83d018966">Re: The Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Columbia Ballroom : Alright, thanks!!
    Posted by wavescrashover[/QUOTE]

We decided on the ballroom versus the country club. Country club was gorgeous outside but their ballroom was dated. I have some pictures if you are interested.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Booked with the Columbia Ballroom for Oct. 26th 2013. Pictures don't do the place justice. It is really quite stunning in person with the lanterns and white lights. Owners are great as well.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Did they tell you pricing for their catering? When i contacted them theywere still woking on things
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_the-columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:0dc8d3b5-0042-4b36-b992-be7b3d8d5527Post:6c11730c-20e3-4942-8e71-6072318ddd1d">Re: The Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did they tell you pricing for their catering? When i contacted them theywere still woking on things
    Posted by nickih717[/QUOTE]

Bar is $12 pp. Menu will range from $20 to $30 pp depending on what we choose. We actually met and booked with the chef (he owns the place himself) and he was able to answer all my questions about the menu and calmed any worries I had.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Did the owner tell you what sort of things would be on the menu?

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_the-columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:0dc8d3b5-0042-4b36-b992-be7b3d8d5527Post:37294255-5b48-48c8-bf0e-4593977dde56">Re: The Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Columbia Ballroom : Bar is $12 pp. Menu will range from $20 to $30 pp depending on what we choose. We actually met and booked with the chef (he owns the place himself) and he was able to answer all my questions about the menu and calmed any worries I had.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_the-columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:111Discussion:0dc8d3b5-0042-4b36-b992-be7b3d8d5527Post:d99aa417-45e2-46a1-b482-5af8b5931304">Re: The Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did the owner tell you what sort of things would be on the menu? n Response to Re: The Columbia Ballroom :
    Posted by tryan504[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think they will have the basics to choose from, salad, meat, veggies, starch etc. We also asked for kettle corn, carmel apple bar and apple cider and he said that was fine as well. They seem very easy to work with it so far. </div><div>
    </div><div>Price includes linens. </div><div>
    </div><div>Tasting will be Dec 1st for those who booked already with them. (Just got an email with the info this morning)</div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-northeast_the-columbia-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:111Discussion:0dc8d3b5-0042-4b36-b992-be7b3d8d5527Post:2dfe0c05-9c4b-4fc1-bfc5-48a1814f2dfa">Re: The Columbia Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Columbia Ballroom : I think they will have the basics to choose from, salad, meat, veggies, starch etc. We also asked for kettle corn, carmel apple bar and apple cider and he said that was fine as well. They seem very easy to work with it so far.  Price includes linens.  Tasting will be Dec 1st for those who booked already with them. (Just got an email with the info this morning)

If you dont mind me asking, we actually booked the Ballroom for next September, and were thinking of doing something with caramel apples and cider. How much extra are they charging you to add that in??
  • I am seriously considering booking this venue for July 12, 2014. I am worried because I have no idea how the food is, and can't find any reveiws online. Has anyone been to a tasting and can you give me feedback on the food?

I orginally wanted a "barn" wedding, but it has been difficult to find a venue in Northeast Ohio. Does the Columbia Ballroom have the rustic feel of a barn? I haven't been able to actually go there because I live in Florida, but my Mom and Sister went and said it's really pretty. I am just worried because I have not seen it for myself. Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

• I went to a tasting back in December. Food was wonderful. I especially liked the smashed potatoes and green bean, bacon and tomato options. 

I wanted a barn as well, like a real deal barn. I would have gone more rustic if I could but the ballroom more than suits our needs. I was there this past weekend settling on linens and was once again so happy with our choice. Heidi (the owner and her husband is the chef) is awesome to work with. 

I highly recommend it so far. 
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Does anyone have menu/pricing info they could send to me? My fiancée and I are debating booking at windows tomorrow because we have a big guest list and there are not many dates left, but I LOVE this rustic look and just stumbled on this one today! My email is: shaina0707@yahoo.com. I would be so grateful if anyone has pricing / menu info they could send me as I doubt I will get ahold of anyone there today or possibly tomorrow!
  • I am interested in this venue as well- how was your experience here? How was the food? Were there any restrictions as to what you could do to decorate? We live near, and always wonder what it's like every time we drive by. Does anyone have info the could send me? I am newly engaged and looking at venues is a bit overwhelming!
  • @jaimemorrow I am having my reception their next October. Hedi is wonderful! There are no restrictions to decorating. You can even have real candles as long as they are in a holder. This venue is one of the best bang for your buck. The price is very reasonable and includes tables, chairs, chair covers, linens, and china. The food which you have to use was still cheaper than other prices we found. You must see the inside in person it is so beautiful!   
  •  Hi :) I have been trying to get a hold of the Columbia Ballroom. It sounds like a gorgeous rustic venue. Does anyone have current pricing or package information? Any additional photos would be helpful too. Thanks!
  • I am interested in booking this venue and was wondering if anyone knows what their pricing is for rental and food. I am also wondering how long they let you have access to the building and what their deposite is. If someone knows and could let me know that would be great!
  • @velwick4 here is the 2015 pricing

Pricing is as follows:

The Columbia Ballroom, a family-run business for over 80 years, first opened its doors in 1931 for Ballroom Dancing.

Since then, it’s 40x80 ft hardwood dance floor has hosted everything from dances and parties to full scale weddings.

$1000 for 5 hours of rental time (2015) $700 for 5 hours for Friday (2015) $200 per each additional hour

$500 security deposit to secure your date.

Ceremony can be held on premise. The side lawn is suitable for an outdoor ceremony underneath tall Maple trees. $100 charge for chair setup and removal. If weather does not cooperate, ceremony can be set up on the stage and chairs set up on dance floor. Chair rental may be necessary at your expense, depending on count.

Standard bar - $15 per person (2015) Includes unlimited beer, wine, mixed drinks, pop, water and coffee for 4.5 hours

Premium bar - $18 per person (2015) Includes unlimited beer, wine, top shelf mixed drinks, pop, water and coffee for 4.5 hours. Bartender included.

Catering package - $32 per person (2015 Pricing) Buffet style: Choice of 2 Meats, 1 Veggie, 1 Starch, Salad and Rolls. This price also includes linens and china. Menus to suit your needs or budget available upon request. 18% service fee will be added to the final catering portion of your bill.

Choice of 2 Meats Add $4 pp for additional meat Grilled Pork Tenderloin Herb Grilled Chicken Marinated London Broil Bourbon Glazed Salmon Penne Pasta & Vegetable Marinara • Sausage Marinara • Garlic Butter Pineapple Glazed Ham Cornish Hens Stuffed Chicken Breast Stuffed Cabbage

Choice of 1 veggie & 1 Starch Roasted Seasonal Vegetables Green Bean, Bacon & Tomato Roasted Asparagus Honey Glazed Carrots Smashed Potatoes Tomato Vegetable Rice Garlic & Herb Roasted Potato Medley included Garden Salad - House Vinaigrette • Ranch Bread • Soup extras Vegetable Trays (feeds up to 50) Qty _____ @ $50 each Fruit Trays (feeds up to 50) Qty _____ @ $50 each Cheese & Cracker Trays (feeds up to 50

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards