Iowa-Des Moines

Looking for Photographer Recommendations Under $1000

I'm beginning to make a list of vendors I want to contact and interview for my wedding. Ladies and Gents, help me find photographers that will take 4 hours of photos for under $1000 please! Who are you using, who would you recommend? Would you ever use photojournalism students?

I don't live in DesMoines, but that's where I'm getting married :)

Re: Looking for Photographer Recommendations Under $1000

• krysh2302krysh2302 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer, Fairy Tale Photograpy, are VERY reasonable and FLEXIBLE, which to me is just as important!! We ended up negoiating a price at a bridal show for about $1500, which we were very happy with. Ben and Melissa are GREAT!!

Melissa Rezab 515.988.5446
    melissa@fairytalephotographystudios.com

Their packages I believe start at around $1300, but I'm not sure. I would just talk to them and see what they say. Tell then you have a budget, and see what happens. Good photgraphy is so important, and there are so many out there that call themselves "photographers" but really they are not so great. For me, photography was very important, so we cut our budget from the cake and other items so that we could spend a little extra on it :)

HOPE THIS HELPS!!
  • edited December 2011
    LeAnn Tucker (Tucker Photography) is amazing!!!  She is going to be our photographer, and she has done family pics for my two sisters.  Her studio is located in Winterset.  Here is the info that I copy and pasted directly from her Facebook page: 515-468-1359 or
    641-768-2339
    Weddings $600 (Madison/Union County)
    Seniors $100
    Family,Engagement, etc. $40
    Plus tax
    I edit the pics and you get the disc, along with music to your pics!!

If she has to go farther Madison or Union, then I think she probably just charges extra for mileage; you would have to ask her for sure how that works.  She puts al lthe pics on a CD, and you take it to wherever you want to get your pics developed to develop what you want.  She does no developing herself.  You can use snapfish.com to print good quality, cheap pics.  LeAnn has a great personality!
  • harpjenharpjen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Kim Christensen Photography--She is AWESOME!  She had taken my Sr. High School Pictures and we had a great time and the pictures were great too!!

We are getting her Plan #2: "Perfect for a small wedding.  You can choose 48- 4x5 wedding portraits to be put into a small 4x5 white or black album" Cost: $1000.  This also includes an engagement photo session.

Here is her contact information:
    Kim Christensen Photography
    Email: kcphotos@netins.net
    Phone: 515-386-3202

Good Luck!
  • buetm4103buetm4103 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Nichole Coffman Photography- www.nicholecoffmanphotography.com

Very reasonable-you should be able to get everything you want for less than $1000, and she was very fun to work with-we love our pictures!
  • buczbr01buczbr01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the GROUP (not business/artist etc) Photography by Brittany on Facebook.  The homepage of the group is of a bunch of baseball players celebrating a homerun.

In case you're not on facebook here is the 'low down'

It's $600 for the whole day.  For some reason it didn't copy and paste correctly so if you can't find it on facebook respond back and I can give you the details!
    $600 WEDDING PACKAGE:
    - An engagement shoot (which also serves as your $100 deposit)
    - A CD of all of your edited and non edited pictures
    - The copyrights to all of your photos: You may print, post and facebook them however you would like!
    - Coverage for the wedding day includes:
    Getting Dressed/Hair
    Ceremony
    Post Ceremony Family shots, Couple shots and Bridal Party shots
    Grand March
    First Dances (Father-Daughter etc)
    Cake Cutting
    Guests Dancing the Night Away
    Anything else that I feel deserves to have a picture!
    - A photo album containing a 4 x 6 of 200 of your best photos as decided by myself.

PAYMENT:
    $100 is due at your engagement shoot.

$250 is due the night of the wedding, and the other $250 is due when you get your photo CDs. (Approximately within three weeks of the wedding including shipping time.)

If you have any questions please let me know! I look forward to working with you!
  • edited December 2011
    We were looking for that same price range and found M & M photos  in Johnston, IA. Their website is mandmphotosonline.com and you can see their prices. They are very very reasonable and he seems like he takes good pictures. Our engagement pictures are next month so I can let you know how they turn out, but we aren't getting married until July 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi folks, just wanted to let you know I went with Anna Moser for my photographer. She's having a special and I got her white package for 850 bux with a cd of ALL the photos included and an extra hour... total of 5 hours included. 

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I searched for Photography by Brittany on Facebook and could only find some out of state businesses located in Texas and other far away places.  Is the Brittany you are referring to from Iowa??? She photographs in the Des Moines area???

Thanks so much for the info everyone. This discussion helped a lot. 
    We are also looking for a quality photographer for under $1000 for our wedding next June (2011) in the Des Moines area.

Let me know if anyone has any more recommendations or advice :) 
  • How do I find her on facebook? I would like to check out a gallery of her work :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards