Pennsylvania-Central

Favorite reception venues in Harrisburg area?

I grew up on the West Shore, but I'm now planning my wedding in the Camp Hill/Harrisburg area from a few states away. We are doing a traditional church ceremony, but I'm trying to find a unique (but still somewhat formal) venue for a reception. I found a fantastic venue in Lancaster, but I'm worried about the 45-minute drive. What are your favorite reception venues in the Harrisburg area from your own wedding, other weddings you've been to, etc.? I'd appreciate any ideas!

Re: Favorite reception venues in Harrisburg area?

• Harrisburg Civic Association (right on front street near state)
    Stocks Manor
    AACA Museum
    Blue Ridge Country Club
    Milestone on the River
    Peter Allen House (serious on noise restrictions at night)
    Hershey Country Club
    Whittaker Center
    Wind in the Willows
    Susquehanna Club
    Officers Club on Navy Base

In my opinion, Avoid:
    Kanaga House- Owner is a little meddling and can be overbearing
    Radisson Penn Harris- Can run multiple events at a time and can be a matter of dueling DJ's disturbing your reception.
  • Liberty Forge in Mechancsburg (catered by AltlandHouse)

• Try Park Inn on the Pike (formerly Holiday Inn West). They have fairly all-inclusive packages and are really flexible if you want/need something a little different. Also, Letort View Community Club, Hershey Lodge, Harmony Hall, Ski Roundtop (through Altland House catering).

Side note - I think The Officer's Club (re: previous post) is either defunct or is now called something else.

• Also Wind in the willows isn't in Harrisburg, I believe its Lebanon county.
  • Thanks for your suggestions - they have been really helpful! Have any of you been to wedding receptions at the West Shore Country Club?
  • Yes on the WSCC.  Love the ballroom and the half circle dance floor..great light coming through the windows as well.  Plus know the head landscaper who they just hired about a year ago to clean up the course and he does amazing work! 

• My wedding reception was at the Susquehanna Club. Sharon, the wedding coordinator, is super easy to work with, and very helpful.
  • Thanks everyone, your input has been really useful. We decided today to go with the WSCC. For what it's worth, I highly recommend The Trust in Lancaster - the only reason we didn't use it was the distance from the church. The building manager is excellent and extremely responsive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards