October 2013 Weddings

Did FI get down on one knee as he proposed?

For me? No. We were in his boat. And I would have thought getting on a knee would have been rather silly. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Did FI get down on one knee as he proposed?

• not me either, we were on a royal caribbean cruise and he got the room decorated with roses that spelled out marry me on the bed and trailed on the floor and then he pulled the ring out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup.  We were at a Mardi Gras ball and he had a couple record it on his phone.  We're pretty traditional and I think he wanted to do it the "right" way (not that I think there's a wrong way to propose- my father tossed the ring across the seat of the car to my mother at a red light on their way to a Christmas party, saying, "You might want to wear this"). 
  • No, he jumped out of a closet.

• Yup, but it all happened so fast I barely noticed.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Honestly, no.  It was more of a mutual agreement for us. He was on the couch, I was in the recliner. 

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

• Nope - but I got down on one knee a few weeks earlier and asked him :P Then you can see from my other post how it really went down :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes. I told him that was one of the things I would have been sad if he didn't do. (As well as proposing without a ring... Fine for some people - and I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just not what I wanted)

He sang too! :D (Totally not a "requirement" on my part-that was all him. But it made it perfect for us.)
  • Yes - we were on our way to a show, and I was very concerned with how much time we had and what we were going to eat. I kept asking if we had enough time and then he said "do YOU have enough time...to tell everyone I wanna spend the rest of my life with you?!" and then fell to one knee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes! I was having head shots done with the photographer for my website and he had it all planned out with her to do it on camera
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes he did. I was in bed trying to go to sleep and he came in and turned on the light (I believe I called him a name) and then he kneeled next to the bed and asked me...it was perfect!
  • Nope.  We'd been discussing it, but had some hiccups in life, so we put ALL of our plans on hold.

After life got ironed out, he said "We should look at going ahead and getting married.  Pick the date, and let's do it."

Oh yeah, he's such a romantic!  LOL!

To be honest, about 4 or 5 months in to dating, after making sure marriage was on our life path together, he warned me "Don't expect rainbows, or sunset proposals or for me to do anything romantic.  When it's time, I'm just going to say so."

Was a disappointed?  A little bit, sure.  But....I probably would have laughed and been uncomfortable if he'd been all 'romantical' about it.
  • He did get down on one knee. I totally saw it coming, but I will still giggling like a little girl. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nope.  
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Nope.  We were chillin' on a bench.  It was under twinkle-lit trees, so that was cool. 
  • yes both times lol (we had a pretend engagement in disney after we were already engaged thanks to a wonderful magic kingdom employee who thought we needed a photo op.)  The first time was in our apartment and I was on the couch and he pushed the coffee table out of the way to make sure he was on one knee. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Not the first time, but he did the second time.
    (The first time he proposed mid-conversation without a ring and I told him a proposal doesn't count without a ring)
  • Not the first time, but he did the second time. (The first time he proposed mid-conversation without a ring and I told him a proposal doesn't count without a ring)
    Why wouldn't it count? If I were him I would be devastated that I just asked the girl I want to marry if she would do me the honor and she told me the proposal 'doesn't count'. 
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• That's a greatly shortened version of what actually happened. I get how that sounds, but I didn't turn him down. I wasn't sure he was actualy proposing at first or just asking if i would eventually marry him (as he had hundreds of times in the past). Once I figured out he wanted to make it official, I asked if we could get a ring while we were there (we were overseas). He got excited and took me ring shopping. I found the most beautiful ring at a thrift shop, and left it to be sized. Later that week, when I asked him if the ring had come back yet, he told me he was going to re-do the proposal "the right way." I apologize for shortening and making myself sound like the jewelry was more important than the man.
  • @khrysty289 my ring came after the proposal too. Our "re-proposal" was very anti-climactic. He came in the door after picking the ring up that I picked out the week before and gave it to me :) The whole experience is something that makes a fun story for friends and family :) Cherish your story and him!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @alisonmarie fi gave me a card when he proposed too. It was the first card he had given me, I'm a totally card girl so he was waiting til then. He did go on one knee and asked my fathers blessing/permission, which i love.
  • yes he did! We actually have the entire proposal captured through pictures and I love them! He actually proposed 1 year ago today!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmm...not technically; we were underwater; but to put the ring on, we were BOTH on two knees:

• No, we were in a revolving restaurant so I understand why he didn't attempt it! 
  • He did. We were alone and it was perfect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, it was a complete surprise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards