September 2013 Weddings

Am I running behind?

Hey girls! This is my first post to this board so hello all! I'm getting married on September 7th and am starting to stress about the details that I don't have locked in yet. I realized today that although I have an idea of how I want my hair to look, I don't know who is going to do it (or my make up for that matter). Have you girls already had your trials done/ booked appointments for the big day? The girl who cuts and colors my hair is awesome but she works at Ulta and I don't really and my hair done in a Mall store with all of that foot traffic when I always envisioned getting ready in a bridal suite (something more intimate, you know?). Any input is much appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Am I running behind?

• I have no idea who is going to do my hair. The hair dresser I go to works at hair cuttery and I don't want to get my hair done there I want her to come to me but she says since it is a holiday weekend she can't.
  • I don't have a clue either.....I think you are good ;) I don't even have anyone locally that has cut my hair let alone styled it so we'll see how that goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did my makeup trials last month, so I don't think you are behind.  Just about all of the makeup artists I contacted were available on my date in September, so  at least in my area, things aren't so booked up yet.

For those of you with stylists, just ask your stylists if they can come out to where you are getting prepared.  I think a lot of hairstylists do this and might be able to accomodate you.

Hope this helps.
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I guess it matters who you're going to use to do your hair/make-up. I'm not sure what it's like in upstate NY but in Westchester County, for airbrushed make-up, those ladies book out a year in advance. I don't think you're behind but I definitely think you should book them as soon as possible. 
  • Thanks girls! We haven't booked our honeymoon yet so that is stressing me out too. So much to do, so little time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked hair and makeup but haven't booked the trial yet.  I'm waiting a bit because I'm growing my hair out and I want it to be a bit longer before we start trying different things.
  • I booked my hair & make-up, but haven't had a trial.  My hair stylist actually said I shouldn't have my trial until one month before the wedding  because any earlier gives too much time in between to change my mind.  Makes sense!  My make-up trial is in a few weeks.  I agree that most sylists will come meet you where you are getting ready, so it doesn't hurt to ask if they're available/willing to do that.  The make-up stylists I looked into were all available, so I could choose based on cost & recommendations, which was nice.

We haven't booked our honeymoon yet either, and that is def stressing me out too.  But I don't think you're behind!
  • I'm a 9/7 bride and also haven't booked my hair :) It only takes one or two times to get trials done, and you have PLENTY of time! Also, worst comes to worst, skip the trial and make sure you have a photo of what you like.
  • I booked the hair and make-up for my Sept 21st wedding but I have not picked a hairstyle (other than my vague idea of not wanting a total up-do) or anything- and my trial is booked for a date in August.
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • OMG!! I'm so happy I am not the only one who have not book make-up yet! I do have a hair stylist, she been cutting my hair for over 17yrs and she doesnt wedding hair. I feel confident with her. Makeup artist is whole different story!!

I'm stressing about my photographer and videographer, have not at all book them />.<; I'm hoping cause my wedding on a monday , it'll be ok *crossing my fingers*
  • I have my hair and makeup booked but my trial is scheduled for mid June so I haven't figured out the exact style I'll go with yet. You don't want to do the trial too far in advance because you could change your mind or not remember which option you had decided on by your wedding day. I'm having them come to my hotel room and do all the girls' hair and makeup there that morning. I think a lot of salons offer that option and it's not that much more. I think mine is like a $50 travel fee and that's it.
  • I know who is doing my hair but I still haven't decided if I want to do my make up myself to save some $$.. I guess I should start making some decisions on that loL! Yeek!
  • Thank you so much for posting. My wedding is on September 20th and I am officially freaking out. I have flowers to pick out still, no wedding photographer yet, a rehearsal dinner to book, tuxedos to rent, and absolutely clueless on hair and makeup. So overwhelmed not even sure where to begin. Every time I try to accomplish a task I procrastinate b/c I can't do it all and keep up with a crazy work schedule! UGH! Thanks for listening and just needed to vent.
  • Honestly, probably the best thing you could do right now is just make a list of everything that you need to do and put it according to priority.  So photographer will probably go above DIYing a aisle runner.  And then just start at the top of the list and work your way down.
  • My cousin is a professional hairdresser and she's offering to do my hair for free as my gift. I'm just going to do my own makeup. I figure I've been doing it for years and why take the chance to let someone else do it and mess it up, plus its cheaper.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dma361Dma361 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    My wedding is the 20th and I just started thnking about this. I'm getting married out of town, so I'm starting from scratch as far as finding a stylist. I need to get emails out for quotes and availability in the next week. I plan on having someone come to the condo that I'm renting. I'm hoping that, being a Friday, availability won't be too much of an issue.
  • Also a Sept 7 bride, and also with no hair/makeup stylist booked.  This, however, is due more to me opting not to have one.

Yes, I have been told that I am being brave, lol.

Thing is, my hair is short.  Reeeeeally short.   And there's not much that can be done with it that I cannot or have not already done myself.  makeup I am a little hazy with, but am going for a simple 40's retro look that doesn't involve a whole lot ... And I have a bridesmaid that can help with it.

Honestly, I'd think if you really need one or not.  I definitely think that having one will definitely help in the ease factor.  But if you do decide to get one, definitely get a trial done and work with someone who doesn't try to force styles on you.  Nothing is worse than having your hair and face tricked out into a fashion that isn't YOU.  You end up feeling uncomfortable and wooden ... and no need for that on this day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards