June 2013 Weddings
Options

54 Days to go...and a torn Achilles with surgery.

This pretty much sums up my luck.  54 days until the wedding and my fiancé has torn his Achilles and had surgery to repair it.  He'll be in a cast for 6 weeks then a walking boot for another 6 weeks.  He SHOULD be out of the cast for the wedding.

1.  I figure we'll just go ahead and address the elephant in the room.  Any suggestions on how decorate this boot a little snazzy so it isn't just an ugly grey boot in our pictures/video?

2.  We've decided to postpone our honeymoon (trip to Curacao).  We're both pretty active and would rather go when we can enjoy everything there is to offer. With that being said, we would like to get away somewhere for a few days. Even if it's close.  Any suggestions on a honeymoon destination that's relaxing and won't require a lot of walking?   

Re: 54 Days to go...and a torn Achilles with surgery.

• Options
    Hi @Chelleebug -- I hope your FI's surgery went swimmingly and that he is feeling well! -- Honestly, no one is going to be looking at his feet, promise.  The focus of the photos will be your faces, I only have one photo that has the shoes as focus, and that's because my husband had stickers on his soles that said "She's mine"

I think it's a great idea to postpone your HM so you can both enjoy the trip and do everything you want to do... Try a beach destination where your goal is to lounge around ;) -- I suggest you check out the honeymoon board for more ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi. I think the concern should be less about making his boot pretty and more about his surgery and feeling better. Anyways, I'm a little confused as to why you're asking about this on a board dedicated to a bunch of girls who got married last month. Maybe try your own month board. 
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013
    Hi. I think the concern should be less about making his boot pretty and more about his surgery and feeling better. Anyways, I'm a little confused as to why you're asking about this on a board dedicated to a bunch of girls who got married last month. Maybe try your own month board. 
     Co-signed 2x, 
    Cnf

Also, no one is going to be staring at his foot all night. Odds are people will be looking at you and both of your faces, and how in love y'all look. Imagine that!

And also again, giving suggestions for somewhere easy to get to and low key-ish begs of you to disclose your location. Otherwise I may suggest Sydney. I hear it's lovely in the winter and so easy to get to from Melbourne. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards