Chit Chat

Dance instead of bouquet toss?

We are considering doing a dance with all of the married couples instead of a bouquet toss.  After a bit, the DJ would ask people married less than x years to sit down, until there was only one couple left, who would get the bouquet.  Barring any unfortunate events, there will be no one there who is recently widowed or divorced, so that isn't an issue.

What do you all think of doing this kind of dance?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dance instead of bouquet toss?

• I've heard of this but I've never actually seen it done. It sounds like it could be fun. If you already have a lot of spotlight dances I'd skip it (I had to sit through SIX at a wedding once and it was awful) but otherwise it could be a sweet way to honor a couple that's been married a long time.

• I've seen this done a few times.  I think it's sweet and it gets a good reaction and lots of participation around here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Beth, make sure you don't have too many spotlight dances, but I think it's nice if you don't have guests it will make uncomfortable.
  • hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    I have heard of this done before and I have seen it done. I think its a neat idea. I think a lot of people refer to it as the "anniversary dance"
  • Anniversary dance- that's better than what my FI has been calling it- The Elimination Dance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've seen this done and thought it was very sweet. We considered doing this at our wedding, but decided to give the bouquet to my fiances grandmother since it will be her 61st anniversary.
  • I've seen it done before and plan to do it at my wedding.  I think it's very cute.  I refuse to do a bouquet and garter toss.

Anniversary

• This is what we did.
  • I've seen this dance done and it had good results. Basically all of the younger crowd didn't participate however as they obviously weren't going to win.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing one as a way to get people out on the dance floor. No one has to participate if they don't want to, but most of our families like to dance so I think they will.
    *********************************************************************************

• My future brother in law did this at his wedding. His grandparents won (they've been married for decades) and they have really beautiful pictures from it.

His grandmother died a year ago and the pictures from that dance... there are no words.

Anniversary

• Yes, Anniversary dance.  we did this at our wedding (also did the bouquet toss though too), and it actually got us a great picture of a full dance floor.  However, people did not understand it st first so no one was paying attention when the DJ would announce when to sit down. But eventually people got that they had to leave the floor and in the end it was cool since my husbands grandparents were just about to celebrate 62 years of marriage.  Instead of giving the bouquet the DJ just asked them to give some marriage advise-- I forget what grandma said, but grandpa (bless his heart he is 87 and can barely hear) did not even hear the question and his response was still "Yes Dear."  So funny.

anyway, it was cute and it did not take long at all.  People enjoyed the grandparents responses as well.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards