Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Aherns vs michauds

I want to have my reception and ceremony at the same location and am having a hard time.

Aherns or michauds?

Any other suggestions?

Re: Aherns vs michauds

• Options
    I am having mine with Aherns.  I have been to events at Michauds and there food is not very good.
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Are you able to have ur wedding inside at aherns? I know they have the pavillion.

I'm willing to have my ceremony and reception at different places, but I'm having a hard time finding an indoor ceremony location that is not a church and can hold 200-250.
  • Options
    I'm having my reception at The Fountain Bleau in Avon Lake. They also do ceremonies there as well, I don't know if you're wanting an indoor or outdoor location but I know they are completely redoing all their landscaping this year and the inside is gorgeous and completely affordable! Let me know if you want any more info but I completely love my venue! 
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    I prefer indoor! Ill google them now. Thank you!
  • Options
    Oh and my mother had her wedding at Michaud's in '04 and it was nice, the food was decent. The only thing I didn't like about it was several other parties were going on at the same time, but if that doesn't bother you it's a very nice venue.
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    I just emailed them. I hope I used the right email address haha. There's not much online.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in september at michauds.  i love the staff there and i think it is really reasonable.  My FI brother is getting married and ahrens in july.  One of the benefits for michauds is we can bring our own liquor. 
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    Mrgreenb- how much is bringing your own alcohol saving you? I always hear it's cheaper but wasn't sure how much cheaper. I'm wanting to save as much money as possible :)
  • Options
    The Fountain Bleau lets you bring your own liquor too. Did she reply to you?
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    Yes! Thank you. I am trying to get a date to check it out. There are not many pictures online.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
  • Options
    Yeah I think it's because they just remodeled, they probably haven't taken new pictures yet.... I took some when i viewed booked.
  • Options
    its saving us alot.  We went to a place and they quoted us 10 dollars a person for open bar, michauds is doing the mixers and glass wear for .85 cents a person.  We know that our friends and family like to drink and party, so we are actually getting more than we should, but if we need to we can take it home and have it for a while after the wedding.  we are having a wedding of 175 so it is saving us about 1000 dollars. 
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    Thank you both! I love that you can bring your own liquor!
  • Options
    s2005s2005 member
    Mrgreenb-which room are you going with at Michauds? I've been to one wedding there and was a little scared to consider them bc I wasn't fond of the room set up and it was very small. We won't have enough people for the grand ballroom. We aren't solid on our guest list, but we'll probably be around 200.

• Options
    Erin, we have about 180 for our wedding.  we will be in the "mini" ball room... aka dobnet(not sure how to spell it).  Its minimum is 150 and max is 250.  IT is a great lay out and has a great glass block bar.  The managment is amazing and will help out with anything. 
  • Options
    I had a work function at Michaud's and I didn't like their food very much. Ahern's was my second choice and I just loved it. My husband and I ended up falling in love with Avon Country Club instead but we were very impressed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards