Connecticut

Marriage License Question.

On the  marriage license application is says you need the name of the officiant. 

The guy who is going to marry us got ordained online and is waiting for his paperwork so he can register with the town or whatever it is he has to do. He's not official yet though so do we need to wait until he is to put him down on the license application?
image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marriage License Question.

• I would say youd prob have to wait. but the best bet for me is to call the town hall and ask them
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Yeah apparently we jumped the gun and it's not legal for someone ordained online to marry us in CT. 

CT along with 3 other states have this (IMHO) lame stipulation in their marriage laws. 
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Button, my fiance is a JP if you need one.
  • Wait, WHAT!? We were planning on having a close relative become ordained online also...that's not legal in CT??? What about people who just go to city hall & get married there, just bride & groom and office worker? LOL Don't people do that anymore? What do they put down for an "officiant"??
  • I'm pretty sure if you get married at city hall it is by a justice of the peace.
  • Yes, City Hall has registered JOPs that will marry you. I wish I had seen this earlier, because I remembered that CT doesn't allow people to get ceritified online.

We got married by Mary Pugh, and she was a great JOP!
  • I'm really confused...my fiance has been to his friend's wedding who had his dad become ordained online to marry them...

Button: Where did you hear that it wasn't legal in CT?

• Here's an article about it...

People that I know that have had a friend/family member marry them who were ordained online, got officially married at City Hall the morning of or day before to make sure their marriage was legal. 
  • Moonlight I'm glad you had a good experience with Mary because so far my correspondence with her has been disappointing. :/

You can't get married at our town hall, the lady there laughed when I asked. 

You can have a JP meet you there if you want but that's all on you, they just file the paper work at town hall. 
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards